iRacing News (Updates, Announcements, etc.)

• Ja die Gefahr besteht natürlich...

bei der grösse des updates rechne ich damit, dass es überlänge haben wird Do und Fr hotfixes kommen :D

2021s1 Scheudle ist auch da... ich muss nicht erwähnen, dass centripedal der platzhalter für long beach ist, oder? :D

Dateien

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gabriel ()

• Centripedal ist der Placeholder für Cedar Lake UND Long Beach. Es wundert mich sehr dass der Coca Cola Speedway nicht erwähnt wird und offenbar nicht veröffentlicht wird...

ja kommt später. wie der bmw m4 gt3

VR DOM RotY '06

• das Cola Oval verstehe ich auch nicht, die Energie könnte iR in sinnvollere Dinge stecken.

Das wird vom Aufwand her, neben Centrip., die günstigste Strecke sein. Man musste nichts scannen und hat die Daten aus NR03 nehmen können. Glaub nicht, dass da so imens viel Ressourcen drin stecken. Am Ende machen das 2 Leute im Home Office. Wer weiß.

• The below is in the iRacing truck forum, be interesting tonight (If its back up) to see what difference it makes

How's everyone doing this week?

While the NASCAR Trucks won't see any updates to the chassis, they will see some aerodynamic interaction updates that should shake up the racing a bit. In early 2020 we applied traffic-based aerodynamic effects, like aero-push and aero-loose, to the NASCAR Class A Cup cars but removed them for Season 2. For 2021 we've not only added that to the Class A cars, but also implemented it on the NASCAR Trucks as well. As you run up on another truck, you will start to feel the front end slide away just a bit. However, whoever you ran up on will feel the rear tires let go. I have tested these effects quite a bit during this build cycle and it has definitely made these things a lot more fun to race around other people with.

Also in the aerodynamics department, we have a first pass at an aerodynamic interaction with the wall going out on the trucks in this build. As you approach the wall in higher lanes you will experience a change in sideforce, downforce, and drag due to the change in airflow between the car and the wall. Speaking from experience, this is incredibly difficult to do and even harder to use it to your advantage!

Following the warm reception of the Open setups for the NASCAR Class A cars in 2020 Season 4, we've moved the Fixed setups slightly farther from what they were in the past and more towards a platform that should be more competitive in the Open series. Since these trucks are relatively simple compared to the other NASCAR vehicles, these Fixed setups are built to where they can be swapped over to an Open series fairly easily. For each race-week setup, we've included a write-up in the Notes section outlining the conditions in which the setup was built to make it easier to know which direction you may need to take to fine-tune the setup for varying weather conditions or your personal tastes.

A huge thanks to everyone in this community that makes it as amazing as it is, and I know I'm looking forward to a great 2021 and I hope you are as well. We wish you the best luck in Season 1!!

• Really interesting read.

It felt like I had some aero loose situations yesterday. When somebody was really close behind or in 2 Wides when I was at the bottom I got really loose from time to time. Needs some time to adapt to this...

I just hope the effect is not too powerful (and unrealistic for that matter).

es ist gestern definitiv aufgefallen! ich hatte selber solche situationen.

ich glaube nicht, dass es unrealistisch ist. wenn man die echten truck rennen schaut sieht man fast in jedem rennen den move, dass man den vordermann loose "macht" mit hinterher fahren. in real rutschen und sliden die überall herum.

fand das fahrverhalten gestern sehr geil. aber ich will es noch nicht zu früh loben. glaube charlotte ist nach wie vor tight

VR DOM RotY '06

• es ist gestern definitiv aufgefallen! ich hatte selber solche situationen.

ich glaube nicht, dass es unrealistisch ist. wenn man die echten truck rennen schaut sieht man fast in jedem rennen den move, dass man den vordermann loose "macht" mit hinterher fahren. in real rutschen und sliden die überall herum.

fand das fahrverhalten gestern sehr geil. aber ich will es noch nicht zu früh loben. glaube charlotte ist nach wie vor tight

Bin gespannt ob es jetzt möglich sein wird wirklich an der Wand entlang zu fahren und auf dem Luftpolster zu "reiten" wie es ein Larson gerne macht. Steht ja auch im Text dass es da Änderungen gab.

Es ist auf alle Fälle ein Schritt in die richtige Richtung was die Physik angeht.

Ob der Wagen auf einer Strecke tight oder loose ist hat ja hauptsächlich mit dem Setup zu tun?

• 2021 Season 1 Patch 1 - Release Notes [2020.12.10.01]

VR DOM RotY '06