2020-04-05 #10 Bristol Motor Speedway

• Maybe time to start parking people for races after X incident points? Or X incident point limit per 2-3 races, and if you hit that you're done for the next one? It seems to me it's the same few people causing 95% of the cautions every single time. Time to crack down on it. Not gonna lie, I'm still a bit salty for getting a yellow card racing someone, and when someone spins their 40 lap old tires and kills half the field they get away with it...

We tightened the penalties regarding yellow flags compared to last season, and introduced the possibility to loose the seat in the series and drop down the revived offspring series. Those penalties already caught drivers. Maybe it has to be tightened more? We will see how the season develops, as some more drivers are on the verge to get caught out.

I'm under the impression that some drivers don't care about this (or may not be aware?). Behaviour on track eventually has to change. Thomas pointed that out beautifully.

• Well Kevin's document makes me look terrible. Texas I thoroughly deserved my points, got caught out by cold tires on restart. But I certainly drive on the side of caution, I know when i'm on the pace or not, and I know sometimes that a top 10 in a win for me, so I race accordingly. I also know the majority of you now, and when, and when not to race you hard.

• Ich habe mir gestern nochmal das gespeicherte Replay vom "Hexenkessel" angeschaut.

Mir war unmittelbar nach dem Rennen nicht bewusst das ich an 3 verursachten Yellow`s beteiligt war oder die gar verursacht habe.

Während des Rennen kann ich mich an eine Situation erinnern in der ich ein vorausfahrendes Fahrzeug am Heck berühert habe, infolge dessen es zum Dreher und Yellow kam. Ich entschuldige mich insbesondere bei allen Fahrern die nachfolgend dadurch ( 3 Yellow) ihr Fahrzeug demoliert haben. Ich konnte leider auch nicht allen vor mir verunfallten Fahrzeugen ausweichen.

Diese Entschuldigung klingt banal ist aber von mir ernst gemeint.

Ich will nichts zerreden: Aber dieses Rennen hat an alle Fahrer große Ansprüche gestellt. Jeder Fahrfehler wurde bestraft.

Vielleicht sieht man sich im nächsten Rennen.

Wolf

• Exactly, this season was ordered following the last names and the past season was ordered following first names.

Now both seasons are ordered following Penalty points/race.

I'm still the last of this season ... oh wait, this is good :)

Im sorry for my rage quit this race. My frustation level was 120%

• i am not sure if everyone else was starting in 1st gear. for me it was suidice as i tried it. no chance to start in 1st. is it possible that this is the iracing soundbug? where you can hear cars next to you downshift because they are below a certain speed? i dont think that daniel went to the 1st one on one single restart.

i didn't and i cant remember somebody else did it.

I'm not sure if it was a soundbug (it might, I'm not aware of all the iRacing bugs ;)). Anyway what I heard, during the restart before when I was side by side with Daniel, was an interuption and a drop in RPM's, while I was somewhere between 2nd and 3rd gear. So that what I based my assumption on.

Btw I do believe that this new tire model allows you to start in 1st gear more often than the old model did. In the end it comes down to trottle control. If you go full trottle in 2nd, you'll spin yourself out as well. And I think that near the end of a race, you'll be always on the edge of traction vs. spinning your tires to get the best launch possible, no matter what gear you are in.

Anyway enough about this incident now. The race as a whole was as I expected I guess, after the Texas s*** show. The most interesting stat I found was that roughly the average inc. points per driver was around 40, which would have DQ'd you almost twice in NIS. So if we would've NIS rules here, we would have finished with no more than 10 cars I think.

It's good to have a week off after these two races.

Happy Easter y'all.

• Hello friends.

Excuse my intrusion. I agree that we should try to have races as clean as possible. Ok, that would be a wonderful thing, but it is not necessary either to take the things to the extremes because a race has been bumpy. For that we have in VO Admin Race and Commissioners, to sanction the offenders, but reading this thread about the last Class A race, I also think that some people should take things easier and be less dramatic.

Bristol is hell even for real drivers racing in the simulation. It's just a personal opinion. Please, let's avoid exaggeration in a hot-blooded moment. Sorry my english. Greetings. I love VO.

Please, a reality bath: https://youtu.be/jWtWRNBUcAo

• After now few days i´m not pissed anymore^^:knuddel:

wish you Happy Easter :*

cu next weeks or in public:yeah:

• Nochmal zum Regelwerk.

4.4 Linienwahl: Grundsätzlich hat sich der Hintermann auf die Fahrweise des Vordermannes einzustellen. Wer einen Überholversuch startet hat sich bereits vor dem Einlenken in die nächste Kurve deutlich neben den Gegner zu setzen.

Die Fahrer und Rennkommission sollten diesen Regeln mehr Beachtung schenken. Nichtbeachten dieser Punkte verleiten die Fahrer zu riskantem Fahren.

In Bristol wurde ich bestraft obwohl mich Björn, hinter mir liegend , bereits überrundet, am Heck traf und somit Gelb ausgelöst wurde.

Die Rennkommission hat es nicht leicht, jedoch sollte das Aussprechen von Strafen objektiver erfolgen.

Dies soll keine Aufforderung sein die verhängten Strafen zu revidieren.

Gruß , der Wolf