2020-04-29 #7 Richmond Raceway

• Michael Morgenthal Ich fahre bei iRacing seit Monaten nur noch Oval und nur Truck und Xfinity. Ich streame 1x die Woche Mittwochs. Thats it, da kann definitiv nicht von allem fahren für content die rede sein oder seh ich da was nicht? 8|

• Yesterday I also didn't understand why drivers switch directly to "green" on the lower line and continue there at walking speed to let half the field pass.

The bottom rolled the corner so much easier. if i hooked the left sides on the apron I could be out the throttle and brake for what felt like at least 1/2 of the turn, which let the car settle at the center of the corner nicely and gave good drive off . when i drove the car in on the top, there was only a split second between me releasing the brake and then having to give the car gas to keep the rotation in and get any sort of drive off. If you couldn't get back to the throttle exactly when you needed to or if you couldn't stop the car from under / over-rotating on exit in the top lane you were going backwards.

That's why I only really saw moves being made on the top when that lane was completely empty because everyone was checking up, tripping over themselves and struggling to get back to the gas in the car park that was the bottom lane.

On top of that there's the whole safety aspect, if you're running bottom lane then once you're comfortably on the brakes you don't often have to worry about the left side mirror anymore, whereas if I'm in the outside lane my left side mirror is always in my peripheral & the thought is always in the back of my mind to keep one eye in that mirror when racing side by side.

I think really it was more about people wanting to survive than occupy that lane for it's raw speed & I'm not going to complain because it's better to have 1 long line of cars than 2 long lines : D 

• Bei mir ist es ein klarer Warp. Hat nichts mit einsehen usw. zu tun.

Andererseits erzählst du hier anderen, wie sie zu fahren haben, aber wenn man deine History so ansieht, dann taucht da nicht viel Experience im Oval auf. Weder hier, noch auf der iR Seite. Da hat Amjay wesentlich mehr Meilen auf der Uhr.

Habe dafür zumindest das UBP mit so einem Oval Schrubber auf Zolder heil überstanden. Denke genug Expertise habe ich um mir ein Urteil bilden zu können. Es gibt zudem nicht nur iRacing. Bin genug Oval gefahren mit anderen Sims.

• Ist halt die Frage ob wenn alle durch die Bank aggressiver agieren beim Restart es "besser läuft".

Ich wage es zu bezweifeln :angst:

Soweit ich es als Beobachter mitverfolgt habe war ja eigentlich kein Crash bei einem Restart, alle eher nach einigen Runden unter Grün wenn ich mich nicht irre?

naja dafür musste man hinten mindestens bist start/ziel warten, teils sogar BREMSEN, obwohl gefühlt schon 5s grün war.
    Das es da nicht min. 1x gekracht hat, grenzt iwie fast an ein Wunder...
    hatte ja dank dem Vorfall in Runde 6, 1-2 Restarts ganz hinten, da blieb mir nichts anderes übrig als Kopfschütteln

• Dear friends, colleagues and rivals. I love NASCAR. I love Virtual Oval. In NASCAR iRacing I only drive with my Chevy Camaro Class B. I make a great effort to be competitive, but it's clear that I'm not talented (and being 60 years old, I don't think talent's going to fall into my lap), but no one beats me at illusion. When I'm on track I have my own rivals to "fight" with. While I behave properly, follow the rules and make no harm to anyone, I think I have the right to enjoy this wonderful competition.

To me, it's an honor to compete with such good racers, but I as well struggle and have my own goals, which might sound insignificant, but to me are a huge challenge. Wow! Just finishing a race with no incidents and just 4 laps behind those great racers may seem stupid, but to me is a great victory. It's also obvious that you don't have to be very bright to understand that a racer with a 4000 iRating is way superior to other with 1200 or 1900, in my opinion.

Also, I think that in real NASCAR, whatever the circumstances might be, there are lapped cars and that's part of the incentive in the competition. Champions, the best racers, must deal with that vicissitude and overcome those unforeseen events. What's what they want? A red carpet in their triumphal path? If the lapped racer is following the rules, the better racer must deal with that overtaking as he's supposed to. It's part of the risk and it's part of the emotion.

It's also curious that when it is a great racer that causes the incident, it's something totally uncommented because, oh Lord, he's a crack racer and has the luxury to make mistakes, a luxury that all of the rest of average racers do not have because we would get crucified like Jesus was.

Anyone can see my public profile and check that I just drive with my Camaro Class B, both in VO and iRacing series. Excuse me for not being the best.

A little bit of peace and empathy, quoting the Bible, Matthew 20:15-16, "so the last shall be first, and the first last". :wheel:

With all due respect.

• Wir brauchen 2 splits!

Ich fahr lieber mit 15-20 Fahrer wo ich weiß das sie fahren können.

Ich denk, die Offspring ist schon bisschen als solches konzipiert, aber das wissen andere besser als ich.

Auf große Grids möchte ich persönlich nicht verzichten, natürlich auch immer in Abwägung, wie sauber die Rennen letztlich laufen.

Ich sag's ungern, aber: Die Luft ist dünn. Nicht jeder, der zwei Splits möchte, landet im ersten Split.

• We never met alot on track but if it happens, i know i´m in safe conditions. There are others i´m feared of and those are some fast and not so fast drivers. It´s not about everyone is driving at the same level of speed. It´s more about know what you are doing and what the car can do. Way to much i see the same drivers trying to beat physics or just acting stupid. That´s the point. I enjoy racing with drivers i know i can have good racing with. It doesn´t matter if he is faster or i am. But being wrecked in 7 of 14 wednesday races by stupidness is annoying and you start to get scared by the way some are driving.

And it´s not the whole midfield or back of the field. There are just a few bunch of drivers making me wondering what they think they are doing. And you don´t belong to them. As i said i feel safe driving next to you. :)

WENN`S EINER KANN, DANN DER GLATZENMANN!

GoKart: €35; Sturmhaube: €2; Stev besiegen: Unbezahlbar!
    iR BSS Div.4 Runner-up 2016/S2 | VO Class D Champion 2015 | VO GoKart Champion 2010 | VO Winter Champion 2009/10 | iR SK Modified Div.7 Champion 2009/S2

• mrock60 Well said! Nobody should belittle the challenges or goals of others, one persons top 20 is another persons win. I guess that the ultimate goal for most is to win championships and races, but realistically most people are not going to achieve it. Either way there is still a challenge to be had, and a great challenge is self improvement! If you regularly finish 40th, set a goal to finish 35th then 30th and so on. I find that the satisfaction of seeing improvement and achieving your goals far outweighs the bad races that inevitably happen.

• mrock60 Well said! Nobody should belittle the challenges or goals of others, one persons top 20 is another persons win. I guess that the ultimate goal for most is to win championships and races, but realistically most people are not going to achieve it. Either way there is still a challenge to be had, and a great challenge is self improvement! If you regularly finish 40th, set a goal to finish 35th then 30th and so on. I find that the satisfaction of seeing improvement and achieving your goals far outweighs the bad races that inevitably happen.

Nothing more to add. We all have the right to dream. Thank you very much, dear Ian. You are a good example of a great champion.

• It is funny to read all the classy comments about "this series is for everyone who want to have fun" and "nobody should belittle the challenges or goals of others". I'm a top5 contender in this series… normally. But this Season suck!

#1 Daytona - #** comes back onto the track directly in front of the leadpack coming from behind. End my race!
    #2 Vegas - At the back of the field the guys brake really hard after the green flag waves - P17 with a damaged car after this happened
    #3 Auto Club - #** spins while pit in, forced me into the wall - damaged car P15

#4 Atlanta - collected in a wreck, car damaged +1 lap; P17
    #5 Texas - i did a mistake, spun out (no Damage) and find myself at the end of the pack. Then get wrecked at the end of the field. P42.
    #6 Chicago - Get killed by the #**. End my race. P35
    #7 Richmond - #** killed me while i overlap him with a lot of space, P38

So my anger about this situation is more than justified.

You guys talk about respect. Respect? So please don't tell me about respect! Respect also includes a good preparation for a league race. Respect also includes the ability of how to let the leadpack pass. Respect means to admit to yourself that if you are not good enough to participate in a race, you have to sign off.

I hope that in future the race management will take a harder line on such things and reduce the grid size. I prefer to race with twenty Drivers who know how to do it instead of getting killed by somebody every race. Some Drivers should rather use the time to practice instead of posting here.

If nothing changes it makes no sense to spend time here in the future.

• Gut geschrieben. Auch ich denke über meine Art zu fahren nach. Aber die Liga Leitung macht schon einen guten Job. Respekt ist ein ganz schwieriges Thema. Ich verstehe dich aber. .............................Google is a better translator. my english is not the yellow from the egg.

• Ich brauch dazu kein Translator. Mein Englisch ist auch ohne nicht gut. Fun fact… jeder weiß was gemeint ist. Damit ausreichend zur Zweckerfüllung.

Driver of the

#00 Xfinity Ford Mustang powered by Bump Busters.

• Ich denke auch oft, einige sollten zurück in die Offspring. Auch einige von den Top-Fahrern oder die, die sich für solche halten.

So Lösungen wie 2 Splits sind ja schön und gut, aber vielleicht sollte man mal damit anfangen sich nicht ständig gegenseitig anzukacken!

Die Top-Fahrer könnten auch ihre Hilfe anbieten, um z.B. in den Offspring-Rennen oder wo anders darauf vorzubereiten.

• Die Top-Fahrer könnten auch ihre Hilfe anbieten, um z.B. in den Offspring-Rennen oder wo anders darauf vorzubereiten.

ich bin zwar kein top-fahrer aber ich versuche immer zu helfen wenn man dafür offen ist bzw. nachfragt. ich schalte mich selten einfach so ein und wenn ich es mache (wie vor kurzem im A forum) kommt es mir vor, dass es nicht gewünscht und ignoriert wird (...)

es gab schon die eine oder andere frage die mir gestellt wurde und auch gestern im offspring rennen (konnte nur den start fahren und musste dann weg) habe ich meine tire werte nach dem ersten stint im chat geschrieben. mir persönlich helfen solche inputs sehr.

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli: