2020-09-30 Class C Pro #5 Talladega Superspeedway

• :D :D :D

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

WENN`S EINER KANN, DANN DER GLATZENMANN!

GoKart: €35; Sturmhaube: €2; Stev besiegen: Unbezahlbar!
    iR BSS Div.4 Runner-up 2016/S2 | VO Class D Champion 2015 | VO GoKart Champion 2010 | VO Winter Champion 2009/10 | iR SK Modified Div.7 Champion 2009/S2

• Quali verhaut weil ich zu spät gestartet bin und dadurch nur eine Runde gefahren hab.

Aber so oder so erstmal nur mitrollen wollen, Sprit beobachten und Teammates suchen. Erster Stop ging super, konnte einige Plätze gutmachen und war dann in den Top 10 unterwegs. Wieder gleiches Spiel, Teammates suchen und absprechen, wieder gut gelaufen und der 2. Stop war sogar noch besser als der erste, konnte dadurch in die Top 5 vorstoßen.

Hab dann mal einen Run auf der Outside genutzt um ganz nach vorne zu kommen und ein paar Leadlaps gesammelt. Wurde dann aber wieder überholt und habe mich dann wieder darauf konzentriert das Team zusammenzufinden. Funktionierte perfekt und wir konnten einen Block auf der Outside bilden.

Als dann Ian / Nigel ganz aussen versuchten nach vorne zu kommen wollten wir mitziehen um an Marius vorbeizukommen. Dabei mach ich dann den idiotischen Fehler und kratze kurz an der Mauer, sofort natürlich Speedverlust und Sven hat keine Chance auszuweichen.

Sorry nochmal an alle die ich damit aus dem Rennen genommen hab, könnte mir heut noch immer in den Arsch beissen wegen dem Fehler.

Wären in einer super Ausgangslage gewesen als Team, Schade um diese große Chance.

I can't understand the intention of people jumping up in front of Nigel and I. Surely nobody thought that it would benefit them. The only thing it was going to do (and did) was cause chaos. We would only have been two cars trying to make it on the top. Most likely the middle would still have held the advantage if you all had just stayed there! Felt like games were being played.

Micha I'm assuming the side swipe when you lapped me wasn't intentional, or have I done something to upset you?

We (Micha, Sven & I) saw you coming and wanted to get by #48 on the outside, so we absolutley wanted to benefit from your run.

You guys wanted to get in front, and so did we. I made the silly mistake with touching the wall and causing the wreck, and I'm deeply sorry for everyone whom race I ruined with it, but sorry not sorry for trying to get in front ;)

• If you wanted to get by the #48 and the 3 of you were working together then why didn't you just do it earlier, instead of blocking the run of Nigel and I. Three cars trying to coordinate at switch to the high line when two other cars are coming up behind you seems to me like a very risky move.

• If you wanted to get by the #48 and the 3 of you were working together then why didn't you just do it earlier, instead of blocking the run of Nigel and I. Three cars trying to coordinate at switch to the high line when two other cars are coming up behind you seems to me like a very risky move.

We could have had the same "problem" you were speaking in your first post, the chance of the second line working together while we are on the third lane and "dying" out there. We knew you and Nigel are sure to try something and we were waiting and preparing for it. Probably silly, probably risky, hindsight is always easier then foresight. It could have worked, it didn't this time :#

Ich glaube es wäre noch hilfreich wenn man schreibt welchen Sven ihr meint. Sind ja zu dritt in dieser Klasse.:D

Das "wir" bezieht sich aufs Team, und dann ist natürlich Wanne gemeint ;)

• We could have had the same "problem" you were speaking in your first post, the chance of the second line working together while we are on the third lane and "dying" out there. We knew you and Nigel are sure to try something and we were waiting and preparing for it. Probably silly, probably risky, hindsight is always easier then foresight. It could have worked, it didn't this time :#

By moving up with no momentum, and blocking a run of others, you effectively stall both lanes out and cause major issues. Somehow I ended up in front of all you guys that went high to block and there was 3- and 4-wide everywhere for no reason. If it wasn't for you getting in the wall, me and Ian would've pushed right up to Marius and cleared all 3 of you that were stuck on the outside. That's why I (and a lot of other people judging from this thread) feel like it's such a pointless move.

Hopefully it'll be a lesson learned so it doesn't happen again in the B car next week.

As far as my race went: stuck it on pole, led a bunch of laps and saved a lot of fuel in the 2nd and 3rd runs to set myself up for at least 2 potential overtimes. With 20 to go however me and Ian tried to make a move, which obviously resulted in the carnage described earlier. Then I just had to fend for myself and go for the gaps, worked out pretty well I'd say :wheel:

• War eigentlich immer gut dabei. Dann beim letzten greenstop musste die #33 6mph lupfen..warum auch immer und so bin ich der #94 hinten drauf. Ganz grosses Kino. Dadurch Aeroschaden gehabt und nur noch versucht das Beste draus zu machen.

Bei one to go versucht die Lücke in der Mitte zu nehmen, aber wir oben bereits geschrieben, würde ich abgeklemmt und getötet....

Talladega halt....:uff:

• Regarding that: How did you do get this time on your first lap? I was stunned and left wondering yesterday, please enlighten me :doofguck:

Apparently with iRacing's tire and aero model, once the pressure in the tires build up, the rear end of the car gets raised up in the air. Also fuel burning off makes the rear lighter and therefore higher in the air. Normally (up to about 2 months or so ago) the 2nd lap was always fastest, but I got beat really bad a few weeks ago at superspeedway qualifying and I wondered how that came (I hardly ever get beat straight up in qualifying at Dega and Daytona lol). So now you know :D It's pretty weird but with iRacing you just never know. For all we know the next patch it might be faster again doing the 2nd lap :clown:

Not to show off, but I actually misshifted and hit the rev limiter on my outlap, so there's at least .03 or so more in it hehe

Edit: the rear of the car needs to be as low as possible for speed, in case that wasn't already clear haha

• Mannometer^^ Innerhalb der letzten beiden Rennen in Rempler mit einem Teamkollegen verwickelt :joy: Kriesensitzung bei X-treme :evil::*:haha:

Quali war so lala, hätte nicht gedacht dass lap1 jetzt die schnellere ist. Mal sehen wies im A und B ist.

Dann eigentlich ein schönes Rennen gehabt. Bis zum besagten Treffer haben wir Teamintern auch richtig gut zusammengearbeitet. Micha Markus und ich, dazu noch Pascal der bei uns im chat ist hatten eine super Ausgangsposition.

NigeldeJ yeah i know what u mean. I also was watching what you guys do behind Pascal. I expected that you will take some momentum out of T4 to then switch into a 3 wide situation. Our plan was to find the the right moment, create some momentum too and use the outsidelane to get in front. Unfortunately it didn't quite work. There was suddenly a lot of movement in th field and our momentum was gone. That sucked but we didn't intend to block you.

Daniel A. Ja keine Ahnung warum die #33 so arg gelupft hat.. Hab mich auch total erschrocken. Aber du hattest auch keine Chance zu reagieren.

Naja am Ende irgendwo in den 20ern... SSW halt. :angst:

• Apparently with iRacing's tire and aero model, once the pressure in the tires build up, the rear end of the car gets raised up in the air. Also fuel burning off makes the rear lighter and therefore higher in the air. Normally (up to about 2 months or so ago) the 2nd lap was always fastest, but I got beat really bad a few weeks ago at superspeedway qualifying and I wondered how that came (I hardly ever get beat straight up in qualifying at Dega and Daytona lol). So now you know :D It's pretty weird but with iRacing you just never know. For all we know the next patch it might be faster again doing the 2nd lap :clown:

Not to show off, but I actually misshifted and hit the rev limiter on my outlap, so there's at least .03 or so more in it hehe

Edit: the rear of the car needs to be as low as possible for speed, in case that wasn't already clear haha

Wow, interesting. It doesn't seem right and probably will get patched out in the future. But good to know until then ;)

Thanks for the info :top:

• Wow, interesting. It doesn't seem right and probably will get patched out in the future. But good to know until then ;)

Thanks for the info :top:

Well the physics work, in that way that higher tire pressures will raise the car, and lower weight on the rear will raise it as well. I just don't think the effect should be that dramatic between the first lap and the second. But I'm not a rocket scientist so maybe it's actually super realistic that the car is the fastest on the first lap :D

• Well the physics work, in that way that higher tire pressures will raise the car, and lower weight on the rear will raise it as well. I just don't think the effect should be that dramatic between the first lap and the second. But I'm not a rocket scientist so maybe it's actually super realistic that the car is the fastest on the first lap :D

Yeah I had the same thought process. It's nice to know that iRacing simulates the rising of the car with pressure building up, but I can't imagine it will have the same effect on the lap times in reality.

I have a picture of the Dega Fall Race of 2018 (?) in mind where Kurt Busch had an obscenely skewed car to get the spoiler out of the air, he made pole but it wasn't that huge of a margin over the opponents, so I don't think a rise by some centimeters (or even millimeters?) should cause so much difference.

Found a Video on KB's Lap, still a funny sight :D  ---> Twitter Link

• Apparently with iRacing's tire and aero model, once the pressure in the tires build up, the rear end of the car gets raised up in the air. Also fuel burning off makes the rear lighter and therefore higher in the air. Normally (up to about 2 months or so ago) the 2nd lap was always fastest, but I got beat really bad a few weeks ago at superspeedway qualifying and I wondered how that came (I hardly ever get beat straight up in qualifying at Dega and Daytona lol). So now you know :D It's pretty weird but with iRacing you just never know. For all we know the next patch it might be faster again doing the 2nd lap :clown:

i did my time on the 2nd lap and was just 0.001 short. i maybe shifted a bit to early and didnt hug the wall 100% all the time. so i still think both ways can work.

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli: