2021-01-20 Class B Pro #1 Daytona International Speedway

• b_daytona_4.png

Session name: http://www.virtual-oval.de (Pro)
    Private: Yes
    Server: DE-Fra

License level: Rookie (1.0) to Pro/WC (4.0)
    Track: Daytona International Speedway
    Configuration: Oval
    Time Of Day: 2021-02-13 15:25 1x
    Car Class: Hosted All Cars Class
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Toyota Supra
    Max Fuel Fill %: 100
    Weight Penalty KG: 0
    Weight Penalty LBS: 0
    Power Adjust %: 0.0
    Dry Tire Sets: 4
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Chevrolet Camaro
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Ford Mustang
    Fixed Setup: Yes
    Paint Cars: No
    Maximum racers: 43
    Tournament: No
    Dynamic Sky: Yes
    Temperature: 78 °F
    Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH
    Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover
    Skies: Partly Cloudy
    Variability: : 0% , 0%
    Practice length: 85 minutes
    Qualifier length: 2 laps OR 5 minutes
    Race length: 120 laps OR 210 minutes
    Starting type: Rolling start
    Parade lap type: long
    Num fast repairs: 0
    Cautions: Race control (Ovals) + Admin
    Count caution laps: Yes
    Lucky dog: On
    Wave arounds: Yes
    Restart type: Double File, Lapped cars to the back
    Consec. caut. single: No
    Green/White/Check: Unlimited
    Hardcore level: Disallow all driving aids (but clutch assist OK)
    Car damage: On
    Restrict results: No
    Warn incident limit: No limit
    DQ incident limit: No limit
    Qual scrutiny: Strict
    Auto-Clean Marbles: No
    Practice: Automatically Generated
    Qualify: Carried over
    Race: Carried over
  • This will be my first time with VO at Daytona. I was wondering if there is a rule against driving on the apron at S/F during qualifying. Thanks. :)

how will you check this? just believing everyone that he is not doing it? i don't thinkt that will work... its the same with all the trick the iracing tire model "allows"... you can't check for them and bann them. this is an issue iracing has in public service too

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli:

• how will you check this? just believing everyone that he is not doing it? i don't thinkt that will work... its the same with all the trick the iracing tire model "allows"... you can't check for them and bann them. this is an issue iracing has in public service too

I agree that it's very difficult to check and that it makes more sense to allow it, because of that. In this case, it would make more sense to allow it and share this knowledge with everyone, so everyone has the same opportunity.

I was wondering because Ray Alfalla mentioned in an onboard tutorial that it's allowed in qualifying by iRacing and I didn't see anything about it in the rules. :)

• I agree that it's very difficult to check and that it makes more sense to allow it, because of that. In this case, it would make more sense to allow it and share this knowledge with everyone, so everyone has the same opportunity.

I was wondering because Ray Alfalla mentioned in an onboard tutorial that it's allowed in qualifying by iRacing and I didn't see anything about it in the rules. :)

it is simple: in iracing the yellow line on superspeedways is not "impelemented"... like the "restart zone" it is visible as a texture but has no effect. you can also pass below this line on the apron without getting any punishment from iracing. so it is "allowed". the fact that you dont pass below the yellow line is a gentleman agreement in public or a custom rule in leages (like the VO). during a race you also can check the passes below the yellow line and punish them after the race (with protests etc) but the cutting of the apron you can't as the q-laps of every driver are local and not sent to the server.

sharing the knowledge? i think when you sign up with a league you are knowing how to drive in oval. if you run public races next to the league or watch some twitch streams you should get behind this. there is no need for an extra sharing of this. if we start this we have to share other tipps & tricks and show how to drive a car. but this are things we assume that every driver knows stuff like that with signing up for the league :D

and btw: you can kill your lap with cutting the apron wrong. it needs some practice :)

VR DOM RotY '06

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gabriel ()

• just stay in the gentleman agreement and all is fine.
    tbh the Q-time in daytona really doesn´t matter. survive is all matter

What's the gentleman's agreement here? I only see the one about (re)starts in the rules. I haven't seen another agreement. As I mentioned, this is my first time with VO at Daytona. A lot of things are new. For more experienced drivers a lot of things may be well known.

You can say Q time is not important, but your chances of survival can be higher if you are at the front (or the back). That's my experience in official racing at least. It's less of a problem here.

• What's the gentleman's agreement here? I only see the one about (re)starts in the rules. I haven't seen another agreement. As I mentioned, this is my first time with VO at Daytona. A lot of things are new. For more experienced drivers a lot of things may be well known.

You can say Q time is not important, but your chances of survival can be higher if you are at the front (or the back). That's my experience in official racing at least. It's less of a problem here.

nothing which is written down. just be a nice+fair guy and don´t do stupid things (like restart with a blowen engine), thats it.

for the race i always use the same tactic, doesn´t matter if i start on P5 oder P20, if it´s VO or public. i just relax and do nothing more :boring:

• A gentleman agreement doesn't have to be in the rules.

I get that. However, if no one tells you about the unwritten rules, new people will never know about them. Only afterwards if they violate them and everyone gets upset. This goes for any group or team anywhere (work, sports team, league, etc.).

A good example, simracing related, is the way people handle starts in multi-class races. For some reason, people leave (huge) gaps between the classes and is a result of a gentlemen agreement. It's not written in the rules by iRacing. A new iRacing member doesn't know about this until his/her first multi-class race start. If that new driver floors it or doesn't follow the rest, he/she is not violating any rules but the other drivers are angry.

I started working at a new company last year and they had their particular way of working. Because they work together like that for a long time, they are used to it and never thought of writing anything down. It was all 'normal' for them. But it was not normal for any new employees like me. I was doing things differently because nobody told me about their way of working and they got upset. If their way of working is right or wrong, is a different discussion. :P

The reason I asked upfront, I wanted to make sure I don't violate any rules or gentlemen's agreement.

I got my answer to my original question. Let's focus on the racing. :wheel:

• tbh the Q-time in daytona really doesn´t matter. survive is all matter

Das kann ich so nicht unterschreiben. Zum einen ist die Gefahr, in einen Unfall verwickelt zu werden umso geringer, je weiter man vorne ist. Zum anderen ist es gerade in Daytona und Talladega bei Stopps unter Gelb von Vorteil, den vordersten Pit Stall zu haben, da man so weniger Zeit beim Beschleunigen verliert, bis man das Ende der Boxengasse erreicht hat. Das kann einem hier und da Positionen bringen.

• Das kann ich so nicht unterschreiben. Zum einen ist die Gefahr, in einen Unfall verwickelt zu werden umso geringer, je weiter man vorne ist. Zum anderen ist es gerade in Daytona und Talladega bei Stopps unter Gelb von Vorteil, den vordersten Pit Stall zu haben, da man so weniger Zeit beim Beschleunigen verliert, bis man das Ende der Boxengasse erreicht hat. Das kann einem hier und da Positionen bringen.

einfach mit 2-3 mann die bumpen können und abstand hinterher, sicher gehts nicht mehr. da is selbst P2 unsicherer:pfeif:

• einfach mit 2-3 mann die bumpen können und abstand hinterher, sicher gehts nicht mehr. da is selbst P2 unsicherer:pfeif:

und ab und zu rausziehen um zu zeigen, dass man auch schneller könnte :)

VR DOM RotY '06