2021-03-10 Class C #4 Las Vegas Motor Speedway

• Had a great race going with Brian and Marvin, unfortunately that got ruined by the caution right in the middle of pitstops that sent them to the rear of the field :( After that I managed to pull out a little advantage over Björn, who I think went a few laps too far on the last pitstop. That made sure I could cruise to the victory :wheel:

As for the reason for the first caution: when someone is close behind you when you want to pit, I feel like it's good sportsmanship to call it out. Either that, or you make sure you get off the track safely on the backstretch. Now Jake had nowhere to go but try and swerve around, and it got Marco caught up and destroyed as an innocent bystander.

• Had a great race going with Brian and Marvin, unfortunately that got ruined by the caution right in the middle of pitstops that sent them to the rear of the field :( After that I managed to pull out a little advantage over Björn, who I think went a few laps too far on the last pitstop. That made sure I could cruise to the victory :wheel:

When you announced that you are going to pit, I initially wanted to stay out for one more lap. Since I would have had to go high through 3/4 to allow you to pit and because there was a lapper as well that I would have to pass, I decided on short notice to pit with you. The stop went well even though I lost a bit of time on you and then the yellow struck :heul:

As for the reason for the first caution: when someone is close behind you when you want to pit, I feel like it's good sportsmanship to call it out. Either that, or you make sure you get off the track safely on the backstretch. Now Jake had nowhere to go but try and swerve around, and it got Marco caught up and destroyed as an innocent bystander.

What I would do if a have a car trailing closely when I want to pit and do not know whether he has the chat enabled:

• Announce that I am going to pit over text and voice chat and ask the car behind to go high in 3/4
    • Watch the mirror whether he indeed does go high. If he does, pit.
    • If he does not go high, stay out one more lap
    • If he did not pit himself, let him pass
    • Pit after T4 on the next lap

That should cost one the least amount of time possible while making sure there is no wreck.

• Going off on a tangent: Body language may work as well, whether in conjunction with chat or on its own.

A swerve to the left on the backstraight was commonly used in Indycar at Auto Club to signal that one was going to pit.

I think this sort of thing works pretty well when the trailing car is 0.5-1.0s behind and you feel that's too far back to necessitate using voice chat, but too close not to give a heads-up.

In that Indycar race, drivers in traffic entered T3 from a low line to indicate to other drivers to go around the outside.

That approach would work well when the car behind is getting alongside into T3 and you can't risk being stuck on the outside in T4.

Anything else in the 0.1-0.5s range probably requires chat. Preferably voice chat, since text chat can be easier to miss than a slowing car.

• Rede dir diese Lüge ruhig weiter ein. Bist du inzwischen an dem Punkt angekommen, wo du selbst glaubst sie sei wahr?

Im übrigen ging es bei der Sache mit Björn nie um "Linie halten", aber anscheinend wolltest du mich nur mal wieder dumm von der Seite anquatschen.

Du hättest nach Homestead übrigens auch einfach protestieren können, anstatt mich hier ständig anzugehen. Dann hättest du schon gesehen, was dabei herausgekommen wäre. Oder hast du es getan und der Protest wurde - keine Überraschung - abgelehnt?

• Rede dir diese Lüge ruhig weiter ein. Bist du inzwischen an dem Punkt angekommen, wo du selbst glaubst sie sei wahr?

Im übrigen ging es bei der Sache mit Björn nie um "Linie halten", aber anscheinend wolltest du mich nur mal wieder dumm von der Seite anquatschen.

Du hättest nach Homestead übrigens auch einfach protestieren können, anstatt mich hier ständig anzugehen. Dann hättest du schon gesehen, was dabei herausgekommen wäre. Oder hast du es getan und der Protest wurde - keine Überraschung - abgelehnt?

Wieder falsch... Keine Überraschung

• Na sorry Dani, aber Kevin geht mich hier in einem Thread zum Class-C-Rennen Las Vegas an - eine Serie, an der er nicht einmal teilnimmt - weil ihm der Ausgang des Zweikampfs mit mir im B-Pro-Rennen Homestead nicht passte. Er hat sich hier einzig und allein eingemischt, um mir ans Bein zu pinkeln. Natürlich reagiere ich da etwas ungehalten, denn so etwas gehört sich einfach nicht.