2021-04-21 Class C #7 Richmond Raceway

• c_richmond_2.png

Session name: http://www.virtual-oval.de
    Private: Yes
    Server: DE-Fra
    License level: Rookie (1.0) to Pro/WC (4.0)
    Track: Richmond Raceway
    Time Of Day: 2021-04-17 12:50 1x
    Car Class: Hosted All Cars Class
    Car: NASCAR Gander Outdoors Ford F150
    Max Fuel Fill %: 100
    Weight Penalty KG: 0
    Weight Penalty LBS: 0
    Power Adjust %: 0.0
    Dry Tire Sets: 5
    Car: NASCAR Gander Outdoors Toyota Tundra
    Car: NASCAR Gander Outdoors Chevrolet Silverado
    Fixed Setup: Yes
    Paint Cars: No
    Maximum racers: 43
    Tournament: No
    Dynamic Sky: Yes
    Temperature: 78 °F
    Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH
    Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover
    Skies: Partly Cloudy
    Variability: : 0% , 0%
    Practice length: 85 minutes
    Qualifier length: 2 laps OR 5 minutes
    Warmup length: No warmup
    Race length: 200 laps OR 150 minutes
    Starting type: Rolling start
    Parade lap type: long
    Num fast repairs: 0
    Cautions: Race control (Ovals) + Admin
    Count caution laps: Yes
    Lucky dog: On
    Wave arounds: Yes
    Restart type: Double File, Lapped cars to the back
    Consec. caut. single: No
    Green/White/Check: Unlimited
    Hardcore level: Disallow all driving aids (but clutch assist OK)
    Car damage: On
    Restrict results: No
    Warn incident limit: No limit
    DQ incident limit: No limit
    Qual scrutiny: Strict
    Auto-Clean Marbles: No
    Practice: Automatically Generated
    Qualify: Carried over
    Race: Carried over
  • Race was over before it started. Well...I missed 2nd gear for the start, but gave the guys room on the inside for turns 1 and 2, but Doug then thought he was clear. Well...he wasn't. Habe fertig.

Really sorry Bjorn and everyone else that got caught up on lap 1. In all my years on iRacing I've never had the iRacing spotter call clear after passing the middle car as if the outside car did not exist like that before.

• Interesting race, I did not have any long run pace so I tried something different with the 2 pit strategy. Somehow that really worked so I got exited for the last run and burned the tires off again :uff: I was still closing in on Marvin until a few lappers decided to race me and Jake really hard... Like there is no reason to race the leaders like crazy with 10 to go when you're 2-3 laps down. Before that a P2 was certain, with a possible win.

And then a silly late caution and people staying out and carnage and it was P4. It is what it is, at least the strategy made it a really interesting race. Onto next week.

• leider auch in Lap1 schon 2 min damage gehabt...von da ab sprit leer gefahren...am ende noch Pitstrategie gewechselt...also 2 stops...
    Im nachhinein ist man schlauer, 40-45laps reichen um Pitstop reinzuholen...

Stev "Runnigman" Aladisch

Wildboooooooooooooooooyzzzzzzzzzzzz!

#46 Class B 2023 - 2:joy:
    #46 Class C 2023 - 2:wheel:

• I would like to apologize for that yellow flag in the end. I got too high out of the second corner, where Yves was already (sorry mate), got too close, and the game did the rest. Race was interesting, I made "copy and paste" of Nigel strategy, and go to the pits on exactly same laps. Two pitsops works good, however when I was on track without anyone in front of me i loose my tires quickly. Congratulations for the winners ,see you next time.

#04 - Szymon Tworz
    In the past: FFRL, ESCORS, V8Thunder, COSCAR, SimracingPL NR2003 driver.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von stworz ()

• Interesting race, I did not have any long run pace so I tried something different with the 2 pit strategy. Somehow that really worked so I got exited for the last run and burned the tires off again :uff: I was still closing in on Marvin until a few lappers decided to race me and Jake really hard... Like there is no reason to race the leaders like crazy with 10 to go when you're 2-3 laps down. Before that a P2 was certain, with a possible win.

And then a silly late caution and people staying out and carnage and it was P4. It is what it is, at least the strategy made it a really interesting race. Onto next week.

Interesting, other drivers are not allowed to race?

Thank you for the VC "fucking driving like idiots". Thats sounds very respectful. :top:

Watch the replay, and check who did call the caution, before you judge and disrespect other drivers.

Sorry, that I'm not your standard. Be careful, if you wearing your nose to high, it could be raining in there.... :phh:

• Interesting, other drivers are not allowed to race?

Thank you for the VC "fucking driving like idiots". Thats sounds very respectful. :top:

Watch the replay, and check who did call the caution, before you judge and disrespect other drivers.

Sorry, that I'm not your standard. Be careful, if you wearing your nose to high, it could be raining in there.... :phh:

Don't think I was calling you out there? I wasn't even commenting on that caution, but on the people that cost me (and Marvin for that matter) a bunch of seconds over the run. For the record you were really respectful with moving out the way late when we were battling for a win. But yes, when people are .2-.3 seconds a lap slower (and 2-3 laps down on top of that), I feel like with 10 to go you should just move out of the way of the leaders.

Like I said in the race, I'll take the voice ban if that's what it's gonna be. Maybe better before you hear me spittin' more truths you don't want to hear :clown:

• My first race in this league and series. I was running late so joined just before qualifying - remembered to disable Trading Paints, but forgot to change my number to the correct one. I ran #52 and should have been #162, apologies for that (I can't paint cars so using the iRacing paint shop).

Enjoyed the race, and managed to avoid causing any yellowness.

Stephen Netherwood #162

Class B Ford Mustang

Class C Ford F150

• Interesting, other drivers are not allowed to race?

With respect, there was no race.

The #07 was multiple laps down, the car ahead of him was also a lap ahead at that point and the car behind was 6-7 car lengths back.

If you want to preach about respect, where was this shown by the #07 directly effecting the battle for the lead in the closing laps of the race?

• Perhaps in your view, but in my race there was a Stev with newer tires, and he closed the gap more and more with every lap. My goal was to keep position against him. Thats my right and I'm also a driver in this league.

Strange, that some top drivers didn't clear the line, if I was on new tires, and their tires were 1000 laps old. Where is the difference? I'm driving for position as you do. You have to accept this...

EDIT: I don't know why you mentioned #07?

• Perhaps in your view, but in my race there was a Stev with newer tires, and he closed the gap more and more with every lap. My goal was to keep position against him. Thats my right and I'm also a driver in this league.

Strange, that some top drivers didn't clear the line, if I was on new tires, and their tires were 1000 laps old. Where is the difference? I'm driving for position as you do. You have to accept this...

EDIT: I don't know why you mentioned #07?

What we're saying is that the complaints about certain lappers racing the leaders hard aren't directed at you Yves. Like I said before, you were really gracious with moving out the way. The #07 is the car that tangled with me and got my car wrecked. At the time (lap 190 or so) he was 2 laps down and had nobody around him to race for position. Me and Jake were 1.5 seconds behind Marvin and chasing him down. So we were quite annoyed to be raced really hard by someone that had nothing to gain by doing so

• I‘m really happy that I practiced a lot this week don‘t know how I could make this one lap without that...😂😂😂

Hope at least the rest of you had a good race, see you next week hopefully more lucky....🤙🏻

• Nigel and Jake are right. There are way too many lappers who are racing the leaders for no reason or are not giving any room. Many are also completely unaware of their surroundings and suddenly jump out of the way when they finally realize a lead-lap car is right at their rear bumper, even though they could have seen that car closing in for multiple laps just by keeping an eye on the relative black box. Just like Nigel and Jake, there were lappers that cost me (and actually themselves, too) a ton of time, which is just what you do not need when leading the race at 30 to go with two other cars closing in on you.

Yves: Wie Nigel auch schon schreibt brauchst du dich gar nicht angesprochen fühlen. Du hast eine Menge Erfahrung, weißt was du tust und machst rechtzeitig Platz. Bei manch anderem ist das leider nicht der Fall.

Regarding my race: finally got that Truck win 🥳 I did not even expect much since I always struggled at Richmond on the iR service. I did a one-stop and thought there was no way I would be able to beat Nigel running the two-stop the way he was closing in on me, plus Jake (who I assume pitted during the second caution?) closing in too. Thankfully, Nigel’s tires gave in when he was about 1.5s behind me. Jake was still closing in, but not quite enough. Then the final caution obviously added drama, but I was able to hold Jake off for the final two laps.

• About equal I’d think, with a small advantage for two stops. Though if I had to make the same decision again, I would go for the one-stop again. Two stops are just riskier in terms of a caution coming out at the wrong time and I have been burned too often by that.

• Really sorry Bjorn and everyone else that got caught up on lap 1. In all my years on iRacing I've never had the iRacing spotter call clear after passing the middle car as if the outside car did not exist like that before.

No worries, Doug. I had it before that iRacing was not announcing correctly.

• Quali war ok.

War nach der ersten YF 5., aber dann recht schnell letzter, weil Opfer der 2.YF.

Bin nicht warm geworden mit dem Set, im Endeffekt wären 2 Stopps besser gewesen in der Strategie. Hatte nach 109 Runden 17% zu 76%.

Hatte dann n Fernduell mit Stev, schade, dass man nicht erfahren wird, obs gereicht hätte.

• Bin nicht warm geworden mit dem Set, im Endeffekt wären 2 Stopps besser gewesen in der Strategie. Hatte nach 109 Runden 17% zu 76%.

Hui, dann hast du den RF allerdings überfahren. Ich hatte nach ersten Stint (bin in Runde 103 rein) 44/68 %. Wäre vermutlich sogar höher gewesen, hätte ich nicht mehrfach vor T3 zu spät gebremst.