2021-05-02 Class A Pro #13 Kansas Speedway

• a_kansas_1.png

Session name: http://www.virtual-oval.de (Pro)
    Private: Yes
    Server: DE-Fra
    License level: Rookie (1.0) to Pro/WC (4.0)
    Track: Kansas Speedway
    Configuration: Oval
    Time Of Day: 2021-05-01 13:20 1x
    Car Class: Hosted All Cars Class
    Car: NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
    Max Fuel Fill %: 100
    Weight Penalty KG: 0
    Weight Penalty LBS: 0
    Power Adjust %: 0.0
    Dry Tire Sets: 6
    Car: NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry
    Car: NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
    Fixed Setup: Yes
    Paint Cars: No
    Maximum racers: 43
    Tournament: No
    Dynamic Sky: Yes
    Temperature: 78 °F
    Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH
    Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover
    Skies: Partly Cloudy
    Variability: : 0% , 0%
    Practice length: 85 minutes
    Qualifier length: 2 laps OR 5 minutes
    Warmup length: No warmup
    Race length: 160 laps OR 210 minutes
    Starting type: Rolling start
    Parade lap type: long
    Num fast repairs: 0
    Cautions: Race control (Ovals) + Admin
    Count caution laps: Yes
    Lucky dog: On
    Wave arounds: Yes
    Restart type: Double File, Lapped cars to the back
    Consec. caut. single: No
    Green/White/Check: Unlimited
    Hardcore level: Disallow all driving aids (but clutch assist OK)
    Car damage: On
    Restrict results: No
    Warn incident limit: No limit
    DQ incident limit: No limit
    Qual scrutiny: Strict
    Auto-Clean Marbles: No
    Practice: Automatically Generated
    Qualify: Carried over
    Race: Carried over
  • sehr gutes rennen. durch die NIS wusste ich, dass ich mich nicht verstecken musste.

erster stint gut getimed mit dem draussen bleiben (kam die caution). der zweite stopp hab ich 3 laps zu früh gemacht... das wurmt mich ein wenig. hätte den tank komplett ausfahren müssen... sehr schade :(. somit konnte pablo mit 3 laps neueren reifen genau noch mich kassieren und marian mit 7 runden älteren reifen konnte ich genau noch vor mich halten. also worst case vom zweiten stopp her. :)

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli:

• Ich habe in diesem Jahr 13x (13x VO Class A ;) ) eine Oval Strecke in iRacing geladen... Manchmal fällt das doch etwas auf.

Heute war es der erste Stint. Ich wusste, dass man vorsichtig sein muss, aber ich war bei weitem nicht vorsichtig genug. Ich habe ihn zu loose gefahren (62 zu 20 auf der rechten Seite). Und deswegen entschied ich mich den ersten Boxenstopp etwas vorzuziehen.

Das hat dann leider jede Chance auf eine gute Position zu Nichte gemacht. Die Yellow kam, ich musste den Wave Around nehmen und war ganz am Ende des Feldes ohne frische Reifen hinter allen Lappern. Durch alle Fahrzeuge durchkämpfen hat dann gut Zeit gekostet. Zusätzlivh gab es auch noch einen großen Unfall vor mir (ohne Yellow), wo ich nochmal 5 Sekunden verloren habe. Wenn ich jetzt nur diese von meinem Endergebnis abziehe bin ich schon in den Top 10... Ohne es genau geprüft zu haben glaube ich, dass mein zweiter und dritter Stint sehr gut waren.

Aber Hätte usw...

• I had no qualifying speed here. I'm looking at Daniel's stream now and he just goes flat out the entire qualy lap like its easy.... Like HOW??? Steini also told me the same thing yesterday. But no matter how much I tried there was no way I could go flat out through turns 3 and 4 and I still have no clue how you guys do it.... ? (

Anyway race pace was much better. It was fun driving through the field at this newly updated Kansas. I was a bit surprised how 'easy' I could drive to Ian after the last pitstop. But I'm very happy with the win. And I guess I'm back in the championship race a little bit now.

• I had no qualifying speed here. I'm looking at Daniel's stream now and he just goes flat out the entire qualy lap like its easy.... Like HOW??? Steini also told me the same thing yesterday. But no matter how much I tried there was no way I could go flat out through turns 3 and 4 and I still have no clue how you guys do it.... ? (

Anyway race pace was much better. It was fun driving through the field at this newly updated Kansas. I was a bit surprised how 'easy' I could drive to Ian after the last pitstop. But I'm very happy with the win. And I guess I'm back in the championship race a little bit now.

I was suprised too Jeroen. I did have a very minor brush with the wall and wondered if I had damage. Looked at the car after the race and I couldn't see any. I guess those lap newer tyres really made the difference?

• Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• A lower fuel level would be my guess. :) I haven't tried it though. It rarely works.

Gegen Ende des Stint konnte ich meistens nochmal zulegen.

Das könnte deine Theorie bestätigen.

Zwischendurch wechselte ich meine Linien, wenn ich nicht so zurecht kam. Das hat mir ein manchmal geholfen.

• A lower fuel level would be my guess. :) I haven't tried it though. It rarely works.

Not really... I don't think you could do much with fuel anyway. Also I don't use any fuel calculators and I wanted a few gallons extra in case of a green white checkered. So I still filled it up to over 18 gallons. Maybe I left 0.2 or 0.3 gallons out....

I did notice I wasn't catching Ian the first 10 laps after I came out of the pit. So I might have saved these very oversensitive tires a bit more.....

• A lower fuel level would be my guess. :)I haven't tried it though. It rarely works.

I don't think it was that. I only use low fuel if the setup is really loose. I don't think that setup would have benefitted from it as it would probably have mae it too tight.

• Sorry @ 1 und 47 für die Aktion in der letzten runde.

Ich kam leicht gegen die wand und dadurch war mein Heck unruhig.

Leider wart ihr dabei direkt neben mir.

Mathias, the contact on the wall, ok, shit happens.

But, if you knew we are fighting for top 10, its the last lap, and you fight for nothing, you could let us pass.

After the wall contact, you could lift the throttle.

Next race would be better

You and Carsten are really mysterious to me. You are both pretty mediocre qualifiers, but damn fast in the race. Must have been countless times where I qualified way ahead of you only to then have you catch me at some point in the race and just drive away from me after you made the pass.

I am not an outstanding qualifier either, but when I ran an A fixed race on the service, I found it pretty easy to run qualifying full throttle. Run the first lap high to gain as much speed as possible, then run the second lap low and be smooth on your inputs to scrub off as little speed as possible.

• You and Carsten are really mysterious to me. You are both pretty mediocre qualifiers, but damn fast in the race. Must have been countless times where I qualified way ahead of you only to then have you catch me at some point in the race and just drive away from me after you made the pass.

I am not an outstanding qualifier either, but when I ran an A fixed race on the service, I found it pretty easy to run qualifying full throttle. Run the first lap high to gain as much speed as possible, then run the second lap low and be smooth on your inputs to scrub off as little speed as possible.

I think that if you can maintain good discipline then starting further back can sometimes be an advantage. You will be running a slower pace than the leaders as you gradually move your way towards the front. My theory is that this helps to save your tyres, especially on tracks where you are hugging the bottom when passing.

This said, I prefer to start upfront now that we have dirty air. Sitting close behind someone ends up killing the right front and then they sail away into the distance mid way through the run. The only time I've seen it different was the trucks at Atlanta (I think), where the set was so loose that it was beneficial to sit behind someone and wear the right front to help balance things out.

In Sunday's race as soon as I saw Maik running the top I knew that if I kept to the bottom and avoided sliding the tyres at all then I would eventually catch him and get the chance to pass. After 12 laps I got alongside and was able to gain the position as he had warn his right rear enough that he was struggling for traction off the corner.