2023-01-25 TONE Design Truck Pro Series #1 Daytona Intl. Speedway

• Und dann noch die Aktion von Roland, wo du da nen Warp gesehen haben willst, erschließt sich mir nicht. Da passt in meinem Replay kein Blatt mehr dazwischen.

Ja, wie auch immer. Bei mir im Replay war noch gut Platz zwischen uns zwei. Ich such's eventuell noch raus, auch wenn ich wohl sowieso die Punkte dafür bekomme, da ich runtergekommen bin. War nämlich grad am tippen und dadurch abgelenkt. Wollte "off pace" reinschreiben und hab dadurch nicht gesehen, dass Du vorbei darfst. Lass ich dann aber auch besser in Zukunft :# Sorry Yves.

Roland "Smokey" Rauch

proud driver of the Team WildBoyz Toyota #8

• Was für ein Rennen...

Quali gefahren, P4. Will ich gridden, seh ich dass der Counter am Button stehen geblieben ist. Drück den Button und nichts passiert. FUUUUU

iR Session abgeschmiert. PC schnell neu gestartet, gejoined. Glück gehabt das Feld genau beim pit out zu erwischen, dadurch im Hauptfeld mit -2 Laps. Erstmal gechillt und überlegt was ich machen soll.

Bald war klar dass ich vor den Leader muss um vll den Lucky Dog zu bekommen wenn es kracht bzw. um nurmehr 1 Lap down zu sein. Also ab da immer vollen Schub und nach vorne orientiert. Ging super auf der Outside, in wenigen Runden ganz nach vorne gekommen und "in Führung" festgesetzt. Leider kam kein Gelb, also normal pitten mit dem Team.

Im folgenden Stint wieder Outside gegangen um nach vorne zu kommen. Am Weg dahin Marvin eingesammelt der durch 2 BF auch Rundenrückstand hatte und gelappt wurde. Gemeinsam und mit Hilfe von Sven nach vorne gekommen und als 2 Lapper beide Linien angeführt :D

Glück gehabt als dann die YF kam und die Nasenspitze vor Dani gehabt, also eine Runde zurückrunden dürfen. Nurmehr eine Runde down :yeah:

Wieder volles Rohr nach vorne, wieder gut gegangen, konnte mich diesmal aber nicht ganz vorne halten. Im Leadpack mitgegondelt und auf den letzten Stop gewartet und auf eine weitere YF gehofft für einen LD. Nach dem letzten Stop mit Sven A., Maik & Kelvin eine Gruppe gebildet und langsam das Leadpack eingeholt. Als ich nicht mehr damit rechnete passiert 2 Runden vor Schluss doch noch was und es kommt Gelb, und ich bin diesmal tatächlich der glückliche Hund und darf pünktlich zu Runde 100 das erste mal in die Leadlap an diesem Abend :#

Im ersten G/W/C aber sofort der Nackenschlag, vorne einer in die Mauer, der Wagen vor mir geht zu wenig weit runter und fährt auf, ich häng mich dann hinten an, Frontdamage :evil: Thanks Arron for the kind words in chat, I saw your message after the race. I was a little tilted when it happened ;)

Zum Service unter Gelb rein, Damage reparieren und volltanken weil eh egal (und Hoffnung dass es bei einigen knapp wird :D )

Beim letzten G/W/C hinter Björn gehängt und versucht noch etwas nach vorne zu kommen, ein paar Plätze waren noch drin und die #18 konnte noch in die Top 10 gepusht werden :)

Da war alles dabei für mich gestern, sehr geiles Rennen. Schon schön einfach mal ohne Rücksicht auf Verluste (bzw. Sprit) zu hämmern und schauen was geht. Von -2 Laps noch auf P12, kann mit dem Ergebnis zufrieden sein. Ohne iR Troubles wär wieder mehr drin gewesen...

Grats Carsten!

• spannend fand ich auch in lap36 wie alle aus der box vor das pack ziehen. dachte man muss jetzt auf dem apron warten

Da seh ich keinen Überrundeten und niemanden, der durch ein anderes Fahrzeug gehindert wäre, ein anderes Fahrzeug zu umschiffen. :ka:

• Im letzten Rennviertel hab ich vor Wien und Markus die Outside angeführt. Da Wien beim pushen etwas zu vorsichtig war mussten wir im D Bogen ein bisschen tricksen sodass Markus im threewide vorbei kam. Nix für ungut aber das hat auf Anhieb geklappt.

Schon in Ordnung. :) Aaron ist hinter mir auch einmal der Geduldsfaden gerissen und hat dann schnell mal oben überholt. Und bei Dani in der B-Klasse wars wohl genauso. Ist halt so...Ist mir alles zu aggressiv, harakirimässig. Da fehlt mir wohl das Racer-Gen.:)

Zum Rennen:

Am Anfang laaaaangweilig, wie Roland schon schrieb, aber ich wollt das ja so bis zum ersten Pitstop. Pitten war toll...dachte ich... aber als ich rauskam, lag ich schon weit hinten. Zum Glück mit anderen Fahrern wieder ran gefahren. Der naechste Pitstop war noch besser...dachte ich...ab er diesmal noch weiter zurück und allein. Hatte mich mit Platz 21 arrangiert, aber dann kam die Yellow und die Zusatzrunde. Zwischendurch auf Pl.11. Ich dachte mir, das wird ja mal ein gutes Eröffnungsrennen gegenueber den letzten beiden Saisons, aber dann ging mir leider eine halbe Runde vor Schluss der Sprit aus*grmpffverflixtaberauch*

Na P18 ist immer noch besser als zwischendurch mit dem 21. Man soll die Dinge ja immer positiv sehen.

• The situation in which Doug simply let himself be torn off the field, but only stayed on the field thanks to Henning, was a hair-raising situation. Man that was close, thanks again Henning. I could never have done it alone. Pointless action by Doug.

Jumping to conclusions again I see Yves. No letting myself fall off the back at all. Had damage, needed someone to push me slightly to stay on the back until we got the yellow and I got everything fully fixed. Thanks Mattias for keeping me on whilst we caught the pack again from 6s back before the first set of stops. Only after all the damage I received in the lap 1 debacle was fixed did I have a car that could stay in the pack and even get to the front for a while.

• Again? :boring:

It's strange that you could easily ride in the group of five for the first 30 laps. When Henning and I were a few laps behind you, it was going very well and suddenly you started to leave a gap. What am I supposed to think in this case?

• What am I supposed to think in this case?

Maybe that I couldn't stay on on my own? If we were really tight on fuel I could possibly have been fuel saving trying to get the car behind to burn more fuel but that wasn't the case here and even then I'd only let it go back a few car lengths rather than a second or so as you then lose the advantage of the car in front. Other than that I can see no reason for a healthy car to willingly drop out of the pack.

In the first 30 laps I had Mattias pushing from behind to keep me on the back of the second car because I was down on power. We both knew it was the best way we could maintain group pace to get us all back in. I got the damage fully fixed later in the race which somehow got me full power back and only slight aero damage to the point I could run in the pack again and even push people to the front.

Next time Mattias needs a bit of help on an SS track and it doesn't hurt me he's got a BIG favor in the bank. :Top:

Sometimes just asking why someone did something you didn't understand can go a long way to keeping things friendly;)

I dropped out of the pack last week to go back and help Nigel and a couple of other cars get back on the pack before the pit cycle started, hopefully one or two of them may remember it in the future. You already understand SS is as much about having friends that will help you at crucial moments as it is about strategy.

• Again? :boring:

It's strange that you could easily ride in the group of five for the first 30 laps. When Henning and I were a few laps behind you, it was going very well and suddenly you started to leave a gap. What am I supposed to think in this case?

The only reason Doug could hang was because he had help, and I bridged the gap for him to stay on. The moment I started pushing again is when he'd drop. Maybe check the replay and see the massive stackup and all the damage loads of people got from that before jumping to fairly aggressive conclusions...

My race went well, had to fix half a minute of damage from people not checking up for a wreck :rolleyes: but the car seemed ok. Was gonna push Daniel to the front right until Cesar 179 decided to make a pointless move coming to the checkers. Big wreck, but luckily after the line. I'll take P4, always a bonus to finish well at the SS tracks.

• Well, kept out of trouble most of the time and took it easy.

Strategy-wise the call for the estimated final stop at lap 91 was bad, cause there was no speed at all in the lead pack the laps prior to the stop :schnecke: .

Therefore the #47 lost a ton of time during the final pit cycle. In a pack of 4 (Sven, Maik, Markus & me) we were able to close the gap to the lead pack when suddenly the caution came out on lap 99 :erschreck: .

Everything looked easy as I approached to scene after the pileup, several cars damaged, none of them spinning anymore, everyone with a slowish pace. When suddenly the #169 started his infamous act of chicken hawking and wrecked the Boo under caution with no need of ….everything. =8( :uff: :heul: :no: :no:

@Rafa: This is really would fit to the iracing NOT TOP 10 highlight show. Anyway I can imagine how this happened. But man we are under yellow there is absolutely no need for racing back to ?( ?( …..anything at all. You are 16laps down :ohno: , and what makes me even more mad: You just quit the race after you wrecked me, ...so why!!

fictive quote: Well let’s just kill another dude before I quit, yea it’s worth that! :haha:

So finally the day was done. The last cautions in fact played to fix the 2:20 damage, but the heavily wounded Chicken-Boo was too short-winged for a top10 finish. :swayze:

Grats Carsten! Awesome drive, very smart mate :top:

Attention this message may contain traces of sarcasm, to avoid risks and side effects please ignore the lines written above.

• First at all, I’m so sorry for that, you cannot imagine how this happened cause I don’t know what exactly happened to my wheel. I’ve been watching the replay and I cannot give you an answer, sorry. Answering your question about why I quit the race, is very simple, I had to go to work and couldn’t finish the race, that’s all. Kill another dude before I quit? Are you sure about that? I didn’t kill anybody Kelvin, before first pit stop I was just trying to avoid any incident. I you are referring about what’s happened in the first pit entry, I was driving in outer line and when I had to go to my pit there were three cars not driving in the outer line, because of that my race finished in this moment.

Iracing not top 10 highlight show and my infamous act of chicken hawking? It’s so funny but I didn’t expect that about you Kelvin. I think it doesn’t deserve any answer dude, just see you in track and try not to make any mistake, this 52 years old chicken will be watching you :)

Good luck in the next race.

• First at all, I’m so sorry for that, you cannot imagine how this happened cause I don’t know what exactly happened to my wheel. I’ve been watching the replay and I cannot give you an answer, sorry.

It’s so funny but I didn’t expect that about you Kelvin. I think it doesn’t deserve any answer dude, just see you in track and try not to make any mistake, this 52 years old chicken will be watching you :)

Well, I can explain what happened. I doupt that your wheel had a malfunction, you just chose the banking for getting up to speed again. The truck has lots of torque and as you floored it, it just drove up the banking, ...simple physics. Do I really need to explain that to a 4000+ irating driver :P . Anyway, I reckon it was just a driver mistake or lack of concentration.

Having said that, I guess I had a ton of luck in the last races, so it is quite obvious that iracing fires back one day, that’s part of the game :bibber: .

And to all that not top ten, fictional quoting, blablabla, please read the fine print under my post above :smilewink: .

Thanks for spectating ...this 48 year old original chicken has an new follower now :)

• I’m sure that you won’t be the last who has to explain me something, this is the best way to learn about something, even being a 4K irating driver. I don’t care about irating, just have fun, make new friends (now you have a new follower) and avoid problems. Probably you’re right, you don’t need to talk about torque or thinks that I don’t understand. Thanks for that “I reckon it was just a driver mistake or lack of concentration.” Sometimes I think that I’m the only one who make mistakes however others also make mistakes and then I feel relieve:)

Other day I can explain you what’s happening with my dd base and how funny it’s when you see throttle to 100% and you’re not pressing it.

By the way, thanks for the explanation and for being so compressive with this old chicken ;) In the meantime, you can share some of your previous luck 🍀

PS: I read everything, even the fine print but you have to realize that I need new glasses to read properly, so please, next time bear in mind please :)

• Danke, das du mich darauf aufmerksam gemacht hast. Ich habe mich gewundert, warum du auf die 2.Line gewechselt bist. Habe dann gemerkt was los ist und habe gehofft, dass wir den Anschluss wieder finden. Hat geklappt. War gute Arbeit.

RSM

#77 Chevrolet Impala B-Cot "Reynolds Hefty Blackout"

Ich halte es wie Eric McClure in der Nationwide: Dabei sein ist alles!

Your Car has no brain, so use your own!