Ian Cornish Tool Presenter

• Member since Aug 2nd 2018
Profile Hits
  • Ian Cornish

Burnt my stuff up trying to get back past in the first run, then hit the wall trying to hard to keep up. Was off pace then. Got the damage fixed, but picked up some more during the checkup on the restart. Not a great night overall.
  • Ian Cornish

Took a big hit last night. Spent a few hours in the care centre, docs checked me out for concussion, but I'm all good. Given the all clear for Atlanta on Wednesday!
  • That was a fun race with a really fun setup. I'd learnt enough from running some c-fixed that the bottom was the place to be to save tyres, so in the first stint I was content to hug the line and let others go. I dropped back to 9th, which is perhaps a…
  • Ian Cornish

Gabriel It just feels odd to me, not predictable at all. I think it felt better after 30 laps on the tyres to be honest. The truck setup is much looser but you can feel exactly what it's going to do.
  • (Quote from PaniKK20)

This week has been a blast in c-fixed. Given how loose the setup is, I was expecting the races to have lots of cautions through self spins, but it turned out to be the opposite. You really have to race the track as much as the other…
  • Ian Cornish

Don't feel too bad about it, mistakes happen. The car can become very loose and unpredictable when following someone. I noticed the difference between running in clean air and in traffic a lot last night.
  • Ian Cornish

Yeah I didn't have much left to battle with at that point, tyres were done.
  • Ian Cornish

I hate marzipan, but I hate Phoenix more. Given a choice between eating a block of marzipan or driving Phoenix, I'd eat the marzipan every time!

Happy to come away with some decent points and get the hell out of there!

Nice steal Carsten Theile ;-)
  • Ian Cornish

Perhaps it should be made a rule that you have to indicate that you are pitting in. It is a dangerous situation when you are on some ones bumper and they slow up to pit when you are not expecting it, even without them slamming on…
  • Sorry Roland, that one looked to be on me. I caught the apron which jumped me up the track a bit.

Good win Matthias!
  • Ian Cornish

Kevin Adam Sorry to hear your bad news mate. I hope that everything works out for the best!
  • Ian Cornish

Melted my right rear trying to take the lead against Kevin, but it was fun trying. Fell back to P9 so to make it back to 2nd feels like an achievement. Just managed to hold off Carsten in the end.

Good win Kevin Adam
  • Ian Cornish

This one felt good. First win in Class B since May last year!

Gabriel Strange that you didn't like the setup. by the middle of the run I was loose on entry and exit.
  • Ian Cornish

The first 12 laps were great, some really good racing. I made a mess of trying to get past Kevin after the second stop, got loose and lost a load of time to Maik. The pancaked the wall shortly after that. Car was slow on the straights so…
  • Ian Cornish

Having watched some of your stream, I think you just need to roll the center a bit more, then ease back into the throttle more progressively> On this tire model over driving the middle/exit seems to hurt the most.

Also, what is…
  • Ian Cornish

A disappointing result considering. I drove the last restart badly. Overdrove the middle of 1-2 so I couldn't block Maik run. The got loose twice and nearly killed some people. Well done to Maik Steinicke and David S Zapata for reacting so well.

It…
  • Ian Cornish

A largely uneventful race for me. Had good short run speed, but nothing for Arron or Jeroen on the long run. It was interesting to see the different lines taken by those two. Hopefully I have learnt something for next Wednesday in the Trucks. Happy with…
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread Registration: Season 2021-1.
    I understand the ethos of VO. Clean and fair racing is the priority, and that's a good aim to have.

But I also understand the proposals made by Matthias and Bjorn.

Motorsport is competitive, be it real or virtual. Sometimes the competitive nature gets
  • Ian Cornish

(Quote from pistenyogi26)

Honestly I think this is a great suggestion. It encourages safety and competitiveness and fairness. Would VO consider moving to this model?
  • Ian Cornish

This is something that I have suggested. Have a minimum FPI for Pro (<1.0) and relegate the bottom 10/12/15 or whatever drivers based upon where they finish at the end of the season. Of course to compete in Pro, a driver would