Ian Cornish Tool Presenter

• Member since Aug 2nd 2018
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • Ian Cornish

Well I must say that I was pretty mad when that last caution came out. I'd managed to build a comfortable lead over the previous run and led a lot of laps. That last caution had the potential to steal the win away. Took a gamble that enough people would…
  • Ian Cornish

No cautions! Well done everyone. Oval racing is so much more enjoyable without all the pacing.

I hadn't considered the two stop strategy as I didn't think there would be enough fuel, so I had committed to three stops from the start. I was surprised…
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-11-13 - #8 ISM Raceway.
    Gabriel Thanks for the background. I wonder if VO could change to drop weeks in the future? Seems like a fairer way of doing things. Everyone has real life commitments which might mean missing a week here or there.
  • Ian Cornish

Lisa Nobis Thanks, it's fun to race with you too. The damage comes from cutting the dog leg, I guess it smashes the splitter. That's why early in the race I avoided doing it to see if it helped me later on. Unfortunately you loose so much time by not…
  • Ian Cornish

Good win Lisa. Maik, I was pleased to see you get back up there, you and Lisa had all the pace today! Happy with 4th, about where I deserved to be.
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-11-10 #13 ISM Raceway.

Ohh I do like all this competitiveness!
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-11-06 #8 ISM Raceway.
    Well that was a bit of a nightmare from my perspective. Again, sorry to Jeroen for the pit lane incident. Also Bernd Schmidt I had a good look at the incident on the final lap. I think that I held it as tight to the car on my inside as I could. It…
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-10-30 - #7 Iowa Speedway.

Was that the restart after I had pitted and got caught a lap down? Yeah it was aggressive but I was behind all the lapped cars (because I got the lucky dog), I couldn't afford to let the leaders get too far ahead. It was risky and
  • Ian Cornish

Sorry that your race ended the way it did Gabriel, that really sucks.

I thought my race would be over when the yellow came out after I had pitted, anything can happen when you are trying to make it back through the pack. Still I think the damage that…
  • Ian Cornish

(Quote from chogger)

Thanks. I'll try to remember next time.
  • Ian Cornish

Not sure if I enrolled, I didn't get the password.
  • Ian Cornish

(Quote from Gabriel)

There's a VO modified league? Where do I sign up! 8th-)
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-10-23 #7 Kansas Speedway.

Haha. After I had caressed the wall and mowed the grass, that was exactly how it looked coming back through the pack 😀
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-10-23 #7 Kansas Speedway.
    In the past I have moaned a lot about the B car being too tight.......can we have it back? :clown:

Honestly though, I found that a hand full! Still some great racing and thanks Marian for not killing me on lap 121. I looked at the replay and it was super…
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-10-20 #10 Kansas Speedway.
    Just watched back some of the broadcast. Unlucky Frank, you had driven such a good race and deserved a better finish.
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-10-20 #10 Kansas Speedway.
    I'm not a big fan of the current Cup car package, but it's much more fun than the truck at Kansas. At least you can pass, early in the run at least.
  • Ian Cornish

Congrats Gabriel. Going to be hard to make up the difference now.
  • Ian Cornish

Sorry to everyone involved when I lost it entering pit road.
  • Ian Cornish

(Quote from Yves)

Yep through the tri-oval bit can get very sketchy.
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-10-09 #6 Dover Intl. Speedway.
    Honesty some of the worst driving I've seen since racing racing in VO.

Michael I tried my best to get to you, but my car just did not turn - maybe because of the 3 mins damage I collected from lapped cars :-(

Good win Gabriel.