Ian Cornish Tool Presenter

• Member since Aug 2nd 2018
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-04-17 #6 Richmond Raceway.

One to forget for me. Messed up qualifying and then passed a lap down car under yellow because I wasn't paying attention. Stayed out on the last run hoping for a caution which never came. I can however say that the setup was trash
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-04-10 #6 Texas Motor Speedway.
    (Quote from Gabriel)

I don't want to see that! 😉
  • Ian Cornish

Good win Gabriel, you did it when it mattered!
  • Ian Cornish

I ran a league race at Texas in the truck last night. Like Gabriel said, it gets very loose, but is also great fun to peddle it off the corner. Just but careful with the throttle, it's easy to lose it.
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-04-03 #5 Texas Motor Speedway.

Not sure about that, Nigel deJong beats me most weeks in the Sunday night truck league I run in.
  • Ian Cornish

I pitted 2 laps after you at the end of the first stint so had slightly better tires. I also tried really hard not to wear them out, that's how I was able to close the gap. I planned to do the same in the second run, pit 2 laps…
  • Ian Cornish

Wow what a race. If it had gone green I think it would have been very close between me and Marc. Whatever possessed me to not pit under the second caution I do not know. With so many cars a lap down the worst I would have restarted would have been 8th
  • Ian Cornish

I amongst the yellows there was actually some decent racing in this one.
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-03-20 #4 Auto Club Speedway.
    Marc, I noticed that you were arcing 1-2 a lot less than me. Mid corner you would get to my bumper and I would gain it back some down the straight, perhaps that helped to save fuel.

I held it up there as best I could when I got into the wall. Only had
  • Ian Cornish

Replied to the thread 2019-03-20 #4 Auto Club Speedway.
    Good win Marc. Really impressive that you kept that speed while saving fuel!
  • Ian Cornish

A few people have mentioned about saving tires over the course of a run. I find that the best way to save tires is to not over drive the car and use as little steering input as possible.

The mistake many make is to drive too deep into the corner, which…
  • Ian Cornish

Sorry Alexander. The truck wouldn't drop into gear when I shifted. Had to pull the paddle twice before it would change gear!
  • Ian Cornish

I struggled a bit in practice to find pace. The car very felt different than the truck which I raced at Vegas on Sunday night. Very tight on entry and through the center. Fortunately my race pace was better. Disappointed that the caution came out at
  • Ian Cornish

Really happy to have had an error free race, making an effort to improve my concentration in these long races.

Lapped cars were generally very courteous, although I did have a couple of moments. The best advice I can give is to be predictable. Running