Beiträge von Ian Cornish

It's going to be an apprenticeship. At the penultimate restart I notice on the BS that I am in the limiter. And then I realize that I only drive 191. And only then do I realize that there is one more course after the supposedly last course.:#

Err yeah, I too have to admit that I didn't realise that their was a 5th gear! No wonder my qualifying effort was so poor :wheel:

Quite an eventful race. Though that I'd thrown it away twice. First time when something happened early on between front two cars, I panicked and went to the apron, went to the back and lost the draft. Fortunately the caution came out. Second time on pitting I didn't get in my pit box correctly and ended up at the back again. Also mounted Carsten 9I think?) when a checkup caught me off guard, which gave me some damage. Lost my buddy Jake on the last green stop, but manage to work with Daniel to get to the front. Thanks to Markus for the push at the end, you timed it perfectly!

Not been keeping up with iracing news, so I don't know what's changed, but the draft model felt good.

One thing I would say though. If you are leading the outside lane, try and keep tighter to the inside lane. Running high makes it hard to follow and opens the middle up to opportunists. Not so much a problem in the early phases of a race, when people are happy to ride. But later on, people are gonna put you three wide.

If you lose your car on turn entry with the entire field right behind you (probably because you didn't move the brake bias forward), hit the fucking throttle and get on the apron. Do not try to catch your car in the middle of the track, screwing everyone behind you.

Wäre mit ziemlicher Sicherheit Top 5 gewesen. Einfach nur zum kotzen.

You made this point in PM during the race. I agreed with you and apologised for my mistake. I'm not sure why you need to reiterate the point here. I'm sorry, I acted instinctively to try and save it. It was the wrong move. What more should I say?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/…?start=0&end=7&autoplay=1

Ian Cornish:knuddel:Don't worry about it. It just happens inbetween those no-wreck streaks we build. I know that every now and then I also need a refresher of what doesn't work.

The accident put me in Mike Stefanik mode for a while, but that's gone now. New day.

Thanks for taking it so well. It was a real shame as we have raced so hard but fair for a while now. I guess on my part is was a desperation move. I'd followed you for so long in the pervious stint and was convinced that if I could get past then I would pull away, but it is so hard to pass and your line made it even trickier. When I jumped you in the pits I thought that this was my chance. In the first restart I got away well and would have cleared you, but then the yellow came out. Next restart I didn't get away so well and you had the advantage. I was annoyed and and adrenalin and poor judgement took over I guess.

SepZone That was without a doubt the best performance I have seen since driving in VO, amazing! When I saw you go off so quick at the start I thought that the rest would catch you after 20-30 laps. No idea how you kept the tires on it.

I struggled all race. On the V6 tire I used to be ok at Darlington, but I just can't make it work on this tire.

Good win [user = '1893'] Carsten Theile [/ user]

Caught the wall a couple times and picked up some minor damage which was enough in this field to put me at a disadvantage. Pitted a bit early for the last stop in the hope that I could hold a few of you off, but it was futile. In the end happy to come away with a top 10 to remain in the fight.

it doesnt suprise me. as iracing applied the new aero model on intermediate tracks its the only chance to pass. you can build up a run very easy with draft but as soon as you pull out in the fresh air you are no longer faster... alot of guys had runs yesterday but every try to pass would be a divebomb

I'm still trying to learn the new draft model, given that I don't drive the A car much. It can be really frustrating. Like you say, you can get a huge run, but you can't get too close to the car in front otherwise you end up pushing them forward when you hit the bubble of air. On the other hand, if you pull to the inside, you lose the draft, so it seems like a no win situation. For the side draft, how close to the other car do you need to be? A car width, half a car width?

Recently I was reflecting upon my time driving in VO. It has genuinely been great and I've enjoyed every race, even the ones that didn't go so well. When I first signed up I didn't really know anything about VO. I assumed it was a German oval league and that perhaps I'd been allowed to race as a curiosity :clown: Perhaps that was once the case, as I don't know all of the history of VO and how it began, but I soon found that I had been warmly accepted into the fold.

Even in my relatively shot time here, the league has grown a lot. To be able to run two divisions for each class is remarkable. UK&I have also had an enthusiastic oval scene, but nothing of that scale. And so it led me to thinking, where does it go from here? I've long had a desire for a true European NASCAR series that encompasses the elite drivers from all around Europe and that races at a euro friendly time. In my eyes, VO is the only thing that comes close to achieving that. But yet the grids are still dominated by DEATCH, with a scattering of Brits, Dutch, Spanish and a few others. I know that there are French, Finnish and Spanish leagues that race on various days of the week, but I wonder what stops drivers from those leagues from racing in VO? do the times clash? do they just prefer to do their own thing? is there simply not the desire? or are they not aware of VO?

I guess in terms of the last point I'd like to ask those who run VO what could be done in terms of making more European drivers aware of VO? Or even if there is a desire for VO to continue to expand - perhaps you are happy with the way it is? I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of those in charge on what they see the for the future of VO?

Anyway, enough of my ramblings!