Beiträge von FrankvB

A terrible race for me.

In lap 4 I see 2 cars spinning, I tried to avoid getting involved, however my brakes aren’t strong enough to brake for the 3 cars behind me as well. Damage was’t too bad but not a great start.

Then a bullshit passing under yellow penalty, a lapped car just left the pits. I couldn’t slow down enough before we went green so I had to stop for a penalty. Loosing a lap…

Then being too eager with the wave around and again passing under yellow, again loosing a lap but this time on older tires.

The finish the poor result I lock the rear tires at the end and cause a caution.

Did not enjoy the car one bit. I really struggled with the car and tire wear was way to high for me. After 50 laps it just dropped off the cliff for me.

The first caution removed all strategy options for the race in my opinion. I would have split the race in 3 parts.

Shame I was involved with the two other cautions. With the second one a self spin :bibber:

Did have some good and enjoyable race moments, thanks Gabriël! :beer: finally managed to overtake you then to only have destroyed my tires 5 laps later…

At the start of the race I was stuck in front on the high-line with Jeroen behind me. I decided to just go flat out and see how it would end.

I almost destroyed the entire field while I was getting loose twice after about 30 laps. :doofguck: Thankfully Jeroen was patient enough otherwise it would’ve been a big one.

The finish crash was unfortunate. I just followed Carsten but apparently that was getting to high to get in contact with Nigel.

In the beginning of the race the pace was soo slow in my opinion. It really felt as I was held up. When trying to pass the guy next to you will start to defend its position and speed up, to then you’ll be freight trained by people behind you. I really did not enjoy it.

I debated to just quit or go for the “divided by 3” strategy knowing it would be the fastest but risky with a yellow. When I saw Nigel going even earlier I knew I would follow him and make it more entertaining.

After the pitstop I could finally run my own speed only then to be stuck behind Nigel with slightly older tires. Because of lack of overspeed and talent I couldn’t pass but Carsten was approaching fast. Quite annoying if you know I could have been faster with a clear track in front (Carsten would probably still have catched me though) When Nigel went to the pits after I made the signal I decided to stay out because I didn’t want to be stuck again behind Nigel.

In the end it all didn’t matter with the caution with 9 to go…

The field is so close together which really makes it hard to overtake. With so few yellows in this league you can’t risk burning your tires with an overtake.

Kind of a frustrating race but still enjoyed it. I’ve always liked Martinsville it is a shame its impossible to overtake. Especially if the car in front keeps driving a defending line and you have to checkup mid corner or on exit.

I was surprised how much faster Jeroen and I where in the first half of the race. Unfortunately a lapped car lost control in front of us. The lapped car misjudged the situation and started to drive back to the race line right in front of me and no way to avoid :(

Starting on the outside line with a damaged car dropped me back to p6. Only to get turned while the white flag was out.

Oh well… next race at Dover I actually do expect to finish last, so less disappointments there

I enjoyed this race more then I would’ve expected after some practice laps.

During one of the late restarts came into slight contact with Marvin which turned me around. Marvin could’ve been lower, I could’ve been higher. Doesn’t matter in my opinion. It is expected to race hard, but fair, during these overtime finishes. In my opinion it was a fair battle but we misjudged each others position.

Had to restart in p20 but enjoyed the last 2 laps with my new tires squeezing through the field.

I did not like the setup, way too tight… I tried to run the high line in the beginning of the race but I couldn’t get it working so I joined the rest of the pack and just drive single line. Very boring :zzz: maybe introduce stages for the next season? Then atleast we get some cautions!

Glad we finally had a caution that made the race a bit more fun. Did take only right-side tires which brought me to the lead to only lose the lead position immediately at the restart even before the start/finish line. :doofguck:

Used the, already mentioned, divebomb-rule in my favor (sorry Nigel ;)). But had no speed and ended up at p8, which is way more that I could’ve wished for as I had no idea how to drive this car on this track with this setup.

Looking forward to the upcoming short-tracks

I really enjoyed yesterday’s race. I did not have a good qualifying lap but was still happy with p8.

During the long run I noticed I had the speed but never had the track position. To do something different then all the cars in front I decided to stay out during a yellow, but everyone did go to the pits so I was afraid I lost the race just there. After the restart I felt back very quickly so I decided to do a pitstop the next yellow when almost nobody made the pitstop :D

Because of this bad pitstop decision I dropped from p5 to p21. But now with 10 laps fresher tires it was a game of patience. Moved up to p14 before the next caution came out.

Took only two tires, which was the right decision and moved up again to p5.

Finished p4, happy with the result!

Ohne es zu wissen vor T3 einen 3-wide aufgemacht (ich bekam nur einen 2-wide angesagt). Für einen Moment war ich überrascht, dass Jeroen nicht nach außen bis zur Wand fuhr, wie ich es in dem von mir angenommenen 2-wide erwartet hätte. Durch den ungünstigen Winkel in die Kurve hinein kam ich dann gegenüber der normalen Linie ganz leicht hoch, während Jeroen die Linie eng machte, obwohl wir zu dem Zeitpunkt tatsächlich nur noch im 2-wide waren. Im Ergebnis kam es dann zum Unfall und das Rennen war praktisch gelaufen. Tolle Wurst. Hätte ich gewusst, dass es ein 3-wide ist, hätte ich sofort zurückgezogen.

Yes, that really sucked. After the crash I was turned 180° and waiting until I could drive again, it took way too long before the yellow came out...

As a result in the back of the pack they still managed to crash into each other and another 5 car pileup...

From here all got even worse with one screwup after another from myself...

First I couldn’t pit because the car behind me didn’t speed up to overtake me. Then I did not take any tires. When I thought we where 2 to go it was actually 1 to go while I was driving in the pits. So I did not have any new tires and returned on track only 8 seconds in front of the leaders.

Destroyed all chances I had in being able to compete in any of the championship (team/driver fairplay) for that matter.

a very weird incident with the 4 car during the first caution, seems like it destroyed the race for 3 people. It does not seem like you can blame on the driver but only on a very weird netcode implementation of iRacing in this scenario.

I enjoyed the season, thanks everyone. Unfortunately I had to miss one race and as a result I couldn’t compete for the championship. If the championship could only exist for the average points for the race you’ve driven I could call me champion :D

Sergio and Kelvin where too quick in most races anyway. But still it feels to me the race win on Iowa was stolen from me.

Can we please try to catch the pace car more quickly? No need to crawl towards the pacecar (unless there is a wreck of course). Catching up the pace car will allow the lead lap cars to have a race on pit road. In todays race the pitlane open command was given when I was still in turn 1, and I was the P2 car... Borja left the pit already when I entered my pit box.

Also for the wave around, if you are a lap down and in front of the leader, you will get the wave around with one to go. Just drive immediately and don’t wait until you receive the command (you will not get a black flag). This will help other wave around cars to also catch the lead pack again.

Very nice long green flag run today! I liked it. Borja congrats, very dominant pace you had there. A deserved win!

The amount of cautions removed all the fun out of this race :(

The racing at Martinsville will only start after about 50 green flag laps once your rear tires are sliding more. Unfortunately we had only 2 runs like that :(

At least I am now back in the running for the championship after missing one race.

Thanks guys.

And thanks to Frank van Brandwijk for pushing me the last two laps to victory.

Not entirely by choice ;) I had nowhere to go. Congratulations with your victory.

During the first pitstop Niel and I could do another lap and made a lot of time on the pack. Unfortunately Niel got a speeding penalty in the pitlane and I was left alone, with 4seconds in front of the leadpack but without assistance.

The second pitstop Niel (a lap down) and I again went an additional lap and again we could make a lot of time.

I took the lead and was in a very good position with a small lead pack and my teammate Niel (still a lap down) directly behind me.

But again, just like with the race at Iowa, the caution came out and screwed me over. :’(

I almost did not make the finish after my car was completely destroyed in the crash 100mtr in front of the finish.