Beiträge von Badbeatbill

Got damage on lap 30, avoiding Jakub losing it coming off T4.
    Your save was good, but sadly crossed the track in a pretty nasty way while doing so. Wrong place wrong time, happens I guess.

Some more damage when Roland ran me up the track in T4 on lap 48 (wheel damage).

The first damage took off some top speed, I think.
    Still good racing overall. A little bit sad because I think there was more potential for me.

Good win Jose!

Short track racing I guess. Not super enjoyable for me overall.
    I'm not taking enough risks on these restarts to gain like some others do. Hard to find the fine line in what risks to take here.
    And on a longer run overtaking is near impossible without the car in front making a mistake.
    Got shuffled wide a couple of times on restarts...

Just chose to pit again on lap 147 out of frustration. Since I just seemed to be going backwards anyways.
    Incidents, and some ok restarts got me back up to 9th.

Most fun I had was the side by side battles with Matthias Koch. Had to get around the outside twice. And that took about 20 laps for one of those.

Interesting race.
    Took an extra set of tires early, which didn't work out well. Lost way too much track position and got royally stuck. I just did not have top 10 pace on long run either way (I think).
    Some exciting restarts later I came away with a 6th.

The big fields make the strategy very interesting. Good to see the numbers are holding up.
    Also had a some good laughs watching the pink menace collecting black flags (on the replay).

I got somewhat lucky on the big one.
    Still had a meatball after that, but cleared to get out in front of the pacecar just in time.
    After that some nice fighting with other wounded cars. But wheel damage on right rear did not help.

I'm not sad to see Bristol go away for a while now, rough week.
    Could not get going too well, tho this drove a lot nicer than the A car.

You were being run down the track by one car, and up the track by another car.
    Both moves were either mistake, risky driving or both, in my opinion atleast.

I would have been more upset with being run up the track like that, than someone having a different/compromised line up high.
    I can understand the racing incident calls made for this race.

That was a pretty cool race. Lots of close fights for position. I did not qualify well, and that compromised the early part of my race.

Went for extra stop early on even tho my tires felt great. But that never came into play with added cautions.
    To come back to 5th after needing the wave-around feels like a great result.

There are always some victims of the dogleg. There is a small triangle of death in the middle of it, right where the flat meets the banking and where you turn the most. Even slightly above the yellow line, the momentum shift can make the car snap loose real fast.

Very messy race. Also from my end.

On the restart on lap 99, I had to check up in the middle of an upshift. And that turned into a misshift, slowing down everyone behind me. Sorry my bad, that hardly ever happens to me.

On lap 143 there is an incident coming out of T2. We scatter but there is no caution yet, so need to keep up the speed mostly. I went below the apron to avoid the incident. As I merge that turns into a 4-wide and an incident/caution. We were pretty much forced into that situation, with some having to lift more than others. Would be good if iracing spotter could call 4-wide...

On the white flag lap I get turned going into T1. Could have done without this race (and track reconfiguration).

I was not expecting the have some sort of pace here.
    So surprised with P2 in qually, and eventually P7 in race. The P7 feels like best I could do for pace.
    For once a track where I don't burn off the right front, but the right rear. There is probably a lesson in there somewhere.

I fFeel like Roland gave away the win by staying out a bit too long. Tho you never know what Carsten has in reserve :alien:.
    Good race!

I guess we had some catching up to do on the number of cautions, after last week.

Fun race, but also sad there wasn't more/longer green flag running. Just when tire advantage was coming into play for the longest green run, the caution came out.

Somehow managed to gain three spots on the last lap thru T3-4. That was fun.

Good win Manuel.

About the incident when we got rolling; My own personal rule (which I try not to break..), is to only start moving once the car ahead of me starts moving. Gabi not getting going is avoidable. Others starting to move behind him is also avoidable. The combination of those two things leaves a very very high chance of a checkup wreck happening when those two combine. Especially with large fields. Regardless of who eventually ends up not stopping in time.

Great race for me.
    Gambled to use an extra set on the caution at lap 59. That would have been a great call if it stayed green from there on. Happy with that call, just didn't go according to plan.

On the caution at lap 72 I jJust took the fuel and wanted to save my final tireset.

Made the most of it after that. Could have maybe had two more spots if I was better at saving my tires. But to have run 70 laps on those tires to the end I should not complain too much. In the end I even saved an extra lap, but happy with P7.

One to quickly forget for me.

I got a speeding penalty on the second pitstop after being hit from behind by Roland, right when entering pitroad.

I also got involved in the big wreck near the end of the race, which failed to produce a caution. To get back up to speed I made a mistake while downshifting, so finished off my race. Atleast that bit was my own mistake...
    Sorry again Björn for moving out of the way into your path. Standing still on the track would have ruined even more cars.