Question about Rule 4.2 - Wave Around

• Hello all,

I signed up to Virtual Oval couple days ago and I was reading through the rules.

I have one question in regards of section 4.2 and specifically the Wave Around regulation.

The rule book states that:

„Wave Around“
    Lapped drivers who have not visited the pits (pit lane) during a caution and thus on next restart directly in front of the drivers on the lead lap, may overtake the pace car and rejoin behind the field. The lapped thus get back a lap, but must go without fresh tires and a full tank. A pitstop in the Re-lap round (s) is prohibited! The "Wave Around" is performed by iRacing, depending on the distance, one or two laps before the restart.
    The instructions issued the simulation automatically.

The question I have in regards of the red marked area on the above is:

Does this mean that if any car takes the Wave Around, they effectively forfeit their Pit Stop for the remainder of the race or for the remainder of the Full Course Yellow session?

Thank you in advance,

Thanasis

• A waved car can't pit under that caution but may do so again as soon as the green flag comes out to resume racing. iRacing will automatically penalise this for entering closed pits as it would also do in official. I don't know if VO would impose a further penalty.

• A waved car can't pit under that caution but may do so again as soon as the green flag comes out to resume racing. iRacing will automatically penalise this for entering closed pits as it would also do in official. I don't know if VO would impose a further penalty.

Back in the day, you could take the wave around, go around the track and through pit road as fast as possible and go around again trying to catch up to the field as far as you can. The only penalty iR gave was an end of the longest line for speeding in pits, which did not matter as you were at the tail end of the field anyway. On the larger tracks, a lapped car could gain more than half a lap by that over pitting the normal way. I guess the VO rule stems back from that time.