Beiträge von Ian Cornish

A disappointing result considering. I drove the last restart badly. Overdrove the middle of 1-2 so I couldn't block Maik run. The got loose twice and nearly killed some people. Well done to Maik Steinicke and David S Zapata for reacting so well.

It would have been interesting to see if Jeroen could have taken the lead at the end of the third stint. I drove too hard in the second stint and ruined my tyres, but in the third stint I held back and saved a bit. Plan was to wait until Jeroen was 0.5 and then use the air to my advantage. Unfortunatley never got to see what would have happened.

Good win Maik.

I understand the ethos of VO. Clean and fair racing is the priority, and that's a good aim to have.

But I also understand the proposals made by Matthias and Bjorn.

Motorsport is competitive, be it real or virtual. Sometimes the competitive nature gets the better and incidents happen. In a system that is based solely on fair play, does this not run the risk of diminishing the competitive element of racing? Could it be that we all end up riding around giving each other waves and blowing kisses :clown:. Ok, I know I'm being flippant. Anyhow my point being that a system that promotes safe and competitive racing, perhaps as suggested by Mattias and Bjorn, would seem to be a good solution.

On the naming of the series. Currently we have Class A / B / C Pro and Class A / B / C. To me at least, appending with 'Pro' is significant. If I were racing in Class A / B / C, I would not be content. I would want to race in Class A / B / C Pro, because the word 'Pro' suggests a higher level with faster more competitive drivers to test myself against. I know that this is not the intended meaning of 'Pro' in the context of VO, but 'Pro' can be interpreted in many ways, such as conducting oneself in a professional manner or being at the peak of their discipline. Maybe 'Pro' is not the right term to use?

Anyway, it is good that we can have these discussions, I think everyone who offers an opinion does so for the right reason - that they care about VO and wish it to continue to prosper. I have given my view and VO has taken the time to consider it. That is all I can ask.

Honestly I think this is a great suggestion. It encourages safety and competitiveness and fairness. Would VO consider moving to this model?

This is something that I have suggested. Have a minimum FPI for Pro (<1.0) and relegate the bottom 10/12/15 or whatever drivers based upon where they finish at the end of the season. Of course to compete in Pro, a driver would have to meet a minimum participation.

As I see it, There could be a situation where everyone currently in Pro drives extremely cleanly, which would mean that nobody in the non-Pro series can be promoted. Also What is there to stop people in non-Pro just riding around the back and not racing in order to improve their FPI enough to get in to Pro. This would defeat the purpose of a race, wouldn't it?

That ruined my race, too. I was right behind you both and Miguel canes right into my line and I hit him. No chance for me. After that my engine was done.: uff:

And after this accident my internet was probably gone. Because suddenly the cars just went through me and knocked me away.

Sorry for the last caution but it will probably be on me as a result of the accident and the internet. I just have to somehow get a replay where you can see what exactly happened to me. Because all of my vehicles were still there and then suddenly they were all gone and the latency was over 3000 ...: no:

sorry again for blinking ...: quiver:

Yeah sorry to you too Daniel A. Not my finest moment at all.

Good win Carsten.

Sorry again Miguel. No excuse, I should have been more patient.

I feel like getting pole is the single most import thing in this car. Not to take anything away from Maik, how drove an excellent race, but being out in that clean air gives such a big advantage over a run. Unlucky Maik, that race should have been yours.

I really like Iowa, it offers so many options where to run. Ultimately though I think that running the very bottom saved the tires the best Having watched the broadcast after the race I saw some really good racing, lots of side by side action. Four cautions is pretty good given the nature of the track.

Unlucky Gabriel for that second to last restart. Up to that point you had driven a really good race. Also well done to Carsten, coming from the back must have been tough!

I agree with Kevin. The situation was clear to see, and in this case the yellow should have been thrown. I didn't lose out because of the situation, but others did, through no fault of their own.

I can understand not getting involved when looking at a replay would be required, or when taking a drivers words on a situation, such as clearing a black flag, but that wasn't the case here.

Well I'm pleased to see the back back of Daytona for a while! Still I managed three top tens, which I would take any day of the week.

Sven Albrecht I not sure what happened or what the intention was but I had no idea where you were going. It looked like you were going to stay high, then you came low. I'd committed to passing on the inside and couldn't do anything about it.

Got caught speeding when I pitted with Arron. Though I might be able to help him to win but blew my engine. I forgot to run Z1, and couldn't see my temp gauges, so it was a bit of guess work.

Feempy I thought you'd been clear for a while and wondered why you hadn't taken it.

Well I had fun up to around lap 58 when I lost it off the last turn and stuffed it into the pit wall. Could have carried on, but didn't have the appetite to limp around with a damaged car.

Got caught up in an incident early on which sent me back to 18th. Managed to work my way back to 4th after the pitstop, which is a positive at least.

Congratulations Marian, very impressive drive!