Beiträge von Feempy

I got some stupid bug that prevented me from entering the track for qualifying. And after trying to exit the sim, the sim frooze. So a few minutes of panic followed, but atleast I was back in time for starting the race...

I got some damage after Kevin and Petr (almost) spun and Kevin came off the wall into oncoming traffic, when he tried to get around Petr. And as a bonus Gabi put me into the wall in t1... :uff: After that the car wasn't as fast as it was before it felt like. I tried pitting a bit early to gain some track position, which kinda worked. But never got the caution I needed to equal the tires out again. Still finished p8 after starting at the back of the field, but finishing over 20 seconds behind the leader feels more than it should've been.

Boring race for sure.. I messed up the last pitstop sliding through my box :( and just barely missed the connection with the pack.

There aren't many places where I would like stages, but at the Superspeedways it would be very welcome.

I don't think race distance is as big of an issue though. I don't think anyone in the lead pack added a full 20 gal. of fuel on that last pitstop, so everybody was plenty good on fuel at that time. There was just nobody that wanted to risk anything I guess, untill 2 laps to go, or just wanted to save fuel anyway to make the last pitstop shorter. Kinda how the real cup races are these days.... Only difference is, they race 2 wide saving fuel.

This was a race I definitely did not expect to win. I also wasn't really looking forward to this race, with how bad the package is here, how hard it is to pass and the shifting. So I expected Jakub, Jose and me to stay 1-2-3 the whole race and finish that way.

But then almost half way, after a lapped car spend laps actively blocking the leader, Jose got wrecked by the same group of lapped cars. In the caution that followed I think Jakub kinda messed up the pitstrategy and I found myself together with Kevin on new tires behind Jakub on 100 lap old tires. And from there I was the first car who could get around Jakub and take the lead.

Near the end Jose somehow found his way back to the front and put me under a lot of pressure. But the caution came at the right time after I sweat through pretty much every layer of clothing I was wearing, trying to keep Jose behind me.

I think Jose definitely had the faster/fastest car this race, but I guess luck was on my side this week.

Apologies to Jose. I misjudged the closingspeed in the middle of turn 1/2 and gave you a small bump, which was enough to send you around. :( I didn't really send it in that hard, but still messed up anyway..

The race was mehh.. Just wasn't comfortable shifting, because it messed my entry in t1 up quite a bit. Half way in the race I tried to running a higher line, what seemed to work better. I think it was because I could keep the RPM's up a bit more, which made the corner exits in 5th gear a bit better. Tire wear was pretty good. Just couldn't translate it in to good laptimes....

It was set to static weather. Does it have to be set to timeline weather instead after the rain update?

At least the track temperature did change a bit though, it was 81° in practice and 86° at some point in the race.

Yeah i think that gives you the most control of the actual weather, without stopping time.

I do have to double check, but i think the iracing fixed officials now use forecasted weather? I do see more variation in the weather when checking the results.

That picture shows where my car got turned upside-down.. :joy: Just had nowhere to go. I do feel some people could do a better job slowing down when there is a wreck in front, based on how late and hard I still got hit. But I don't know... maybe it hard to see anything out of the turns when you're on a single monitor.. Surprisingly the pace wasn't too bad after the tow, but I had to manage my oil temp for the rest of the race, so I couldn't always go as far as I wanted.

Also was there a small mistake in the weather settings? Seems like there was no time progression. And I also think that means the track is not taking any heat. It's more like a testing state, when you want to run the exact same conditions every lap.

The race went fine, was moving up slowly. Then the caution during the pitstops screwed me over. I was in the pit when the caution came out and then it forced me to go to the back of the pack for some reason.

Still a top 10 in the end, but it should've been a better position I feel like..

It was a fun race with such a big field. During the last run I didn't want to give up to much track position, in case a yellow would come out. But that meant that in the end I still had to save quite a bit and couldn't do anything when Carsten passed me. So a little gamble that didn't pay off, but in the end I shouldn't complain too much with a p2.

I wonder if anyone wants to share his tire percentages. Mine were:

1st stint RF 67%, RR 71%

2nd stint RF 71%, RR 70%

3rd stint RF 69%, RR 71%

I thought I pushed it way too hard the first stint, because I fell back quite a lot. But when I heard my teammates tire wear was 15% worse (and finished 7 second ahead of me) I don't know what I was doing wrong. Just lack of speed and it grip. And if I tried to push it harder on the low line I either overdrove entry or slid my tires on exit.

The last stint I tried to push my tires a lot harder (that was the plan atleast) and I did gain some positions, but tire wear still looked too good almost.... ?(

Happy to end the season strong. I had to pit early, as I was stuck behind Manuel and Gabi and that worked out really well. When I passed Jakub for second place, after my first pitstop, I knew the strategy worked out. From there on I could, in theory, just pit with the top 5 when they would make their first stop and maintain position. Only Carsten was far in front. How he could drive .2 seconds per lap faster on 40 lap older tires is beyond me. I didn't do much with the brakes, so I probably missed something there.

The season was pretty bad from my end. There were 4 or 5 races where I trew away a good position or win with a pitstop penalty and with some other mistakes it just wasn't a very good season overall.. Hopefully we can come back stronger next season!

Grats on the championship Carsten!