Posts by Feempy

Definitely not my best performance. But with some luck and starting in the top lane on those last number of pitstops got me a top 5, so I'm happy with that.

Most of the race I've been stuck behind people. Sometimes it was possible to set up a pass running the high line. But if the car behind dives it in low, then that doesn't work either anymore so we al got stuck in the train.....

Happy with 2nd at a track where it was really hard to pass. Steini was good enough on the exits of the turns, which was my only possibility to use the side draft and pass people here. When I was behind him on the straights I was only pushing him away from me.

I'm also still learning this package. It went pretty wrong once in the first stint. I was trying to pass Gabi, but instead I got side drafted and my car just stopped on the straight. Three cars could pass me on the outside and Roland had a huge run and could make a three wide pass, clear me before t3, while he was 10 carlengths back... that definitely was an interesting (and frustrating) learning moment :D

Michigan will be fun with this package though. Not sure if that track got the 'grip strip' treatment, but hopefully it has some more workable lines and opportunities to pass.

I drive top 6 (and maybe even top 5 was possible)

Damaged and lap down car blows engine.

Damaged and lap down car wrecks and spins back on the track.

I hit the spinning car

Race over....

A well, this is my 4th A season and so far I started every season with a wreck of some sort in the first race, so why should this season be any different....

This new package is interesting.. Will take some time to figure out how it all works.

@Carsten, sorry for hitting you on the back straight. I tried to side draft you and pull you back off of Steini's bumper.

The dirty air was pretty bad with no other line that works at this track. I really couldn't get around Steini. Every time I had a little bit of a run, the bubble pushed him forward and I could not get a good enough run. The only time I could pass him when he got really tight because of a lapper or before a pitstop. I did allow me to save enough fuel to do a save 2 stop strategy. But unfortunately we got some cautions at the end. Steini got one really good run after a restart. I kinda hoped if I would stay right in front of him, the bubble would keep me in front, but that didn't work....

Carsten congratulations with your championship!

I wish my start of the season was better, so it would've been a bit closer. But at the same time I'm proud that, after being almost 80 points behind early in the season I had a good comeback in the second half of the season.

If I could pick any track I had to drive every week for an entire season I would pick Dover without any doubt.

I find a such a fun track and it has such a nice flow. Tires were a little bit of an issue, but I'm surprised some were blowing front tires as I had to save my rear tires a little bit over a full run, instead of the fronts.

About that first caution.... I did came up a little bit when I saw Carsten peeking on my left rear, but I thought I left enough room there for a car to be.

Ufortunately iRacing physics don't understand a small brush very well, which pulled my car even more into the car on my outside.. So I was happy I could save my own car, but it was very unfortunate for I think it was the #112 who bounced off the wall and got loose....:-(

A lower fuel level would be my guess. :) I haven't tried it though. It rarely works.

Not really... I don't think you could do much with fuel anyway. Also I don't use any fuel calculators and I wanted a few gallons extra in case of a green white checkered. So I still filled it up to over 18 gallons. Maybe I left 0.2 or 0.3 gallons out....

I did notice I wasn't catching Ian the first 10 laps after I came out of the pit. So I might have saved these very oversensitive tires a bit more.....

I had no qualifying speed here. I'm looking at Daniel's stream now and he just goes flat out the entire qualy lap like its easy.... Like HOW??? Steini also told me the same thing yesterday. But no matter how much I tried there was no way I could go flat out through turns 3 and 4 and I still have no clue how you guys do it.... ? (

Anyway race pace was much better. It was fun driving through the field at this newly updated Kansas. I was a bit surprised how 'easy' I could drive to Ian after the last pitstop. But I'm very happy with the win. And I guess I'm back in the championship race a little bit now.

I think the fuel saving and maybe the fpi made this race pretty uneventful as not many drivers wanted to race. But I'm not complaining... ;-)

The first stint I had nowhere to go so started saving fuel. With Kevin right on my bumper made the saving quite easy. After 38 laps I still had almost one lap left. The second stint Kevin was still behind me but kept a much bigger gap. It made me burn a lot more fuel so the second stint of 38 laps was really close.

I learned a lot about the package today, like how energy is build up in a lane and what determines how much speed has based on what the drivers in that lane are doing.

I think this package has a lot of potential. Hopefully we can race a bit more next race.

I don't know what was going on today. Was it a full moon?

From lap one everybody drove like it was the last lap. No give, only taking. It was so contradictory to every race we've done so far....

I thought my race was over in lap 99. But as others kept wrecking (or being wrecked..) or some had an interesting pit strategy, it got me all the way up to 3rd.

What should have been the best race of the season, turned into a complete disaster for me and many others....

All I can say is that I'm very sorry :(. I was just following Ian through there and it snapped loose. And with everybody so close, there was no way I could save it....

Thanks all and usually I don't do this but today I need to dedicate this win to my father who is fighting with Chemotherapy, my mother who since Friday is in the hospital due to the 2nd Cerebral stroke and my little baby (dog) Spot who I'm afraid I must put to sleep tomorrow or the following day.

I hope things will get better soon. Wish you and your family all the best!

As far as my race, I haven't figured the pitstopdeal out yet in relation with the dirty air. Last week I think I came in too early, today my first green stop was too late.

Driving the low line in t1-2 was pretty fun though. Car was just way too loose in 3 and 4 in dirty air...

Der Crash in Lap 3 hat die Weichen auf einen verlorenen Abend gestellt. Recht früh gesehen, dass es da vorne Probleme gibt, versucht möglichst kontrolliert zu bremsen und nach unten weg zu ziehen, dabei Jeroen (glaube ich) minimal touchiert, was seinem Ergebnis aber zum Glück nicht geschadet hat. Etwas quer gestellt und dann noch einen derben Schlag abbekommen. Danach fehlte Top-Speed.

You did a great job slowing down and you never hit me (it was close though), so thanks for that. Unfortunately the #114 did not and hit you. You didn't deserve that...

I started way to far back (23rd) to be able to fight for the lead. My long race pace was good, but further than 4th, withing 1 second of Marvin was all I could get within the 134 laps we had today...

It was a fun race. Maybe I could have challenged Ian for the win if it stayed green, but we'll never know.... BTW Ian, my RF was 1% worse than yours, my RR 2% better.

But after the dismal last 3 races I should be really happy with 2nd. I tried to get a run on the high line the last lap, but overdrove t1 and had to get completely out of the throttle which ruined my momentum...

And I really hope iracing will fix the multigroove racing, because the dirty air is really bad and with only 1 line you can be fast on its incredibly hard to pass....

I had an up and down race. Missed my pitstall twice, because I entered pitroad twice behind Kevin, while he was one stall in front of me. So when he entered his stall, I had trouble seeing 'my guy'...

Had a good starting position for the last restart, but David did not go at all starting in 3rd gear :ka:.

And then in the last turn when everybody in front was wrecking, Gabriel bounced into me pushing me on to pitroad giving me a penalty......

Crossed the line 5th, but because of the black flag I got scored 21st..... :heul:

Not too smart that move in T3 from the outside which caused a major check up and a bit wreck but well, it's Daytona I guess.

Yeah sorry about that. My spotter cleared me 1 or 2 seconds before that, but I thought it was a bit too close, so I was hoping Ian could push me a little bit more. But that same time the outside line stalled out and the inside was gaining momentum again. So that was the moment I had thought I had to make a move to not be stuck on the outside with a very hot Ian behind me who then couldn't push anymore. As soon as I realized Marvin was going forward again and I was too late I went back up, but I guess at that time Marvin already lifted a little bit. From my mirror it didn't look like Marvin slowed down that much, but on the replay I could see the check up...