Posts by Feempy

A lower fuel level would be my guess. :) I haven't tried it though. It rarely works.

Not really... I don't think you could do much with fuel anyway. Also I don't use any fuel calculators and I wanted a few gallons extra in case of a green white checkered. So I still filled it up to over 18 gallons. Maybe I left 0.2 or 0.3 gallons out....

I did notice I wasn't catching Ian the first 10 laps after I came out of the pit. So I might have saved these very oversensitive tires a bit more.....

I had no qualifying speed here. I'm looking at Daniel's stream now and he just goes flat out the entire qualy lap like its easy.... Like HOW??? Steini also told me the same thing yesterday. But no matter how much I tried there was no way I could go flat out through turns 3 and 4 and I still have no clue how you guys do it.... ? (

Anyway race pace was much better. It was fun driving through the field at this newly updated Kansas. I was a bit surprised how 'easy' I could drive to Ian after the last pitstop. But I'm very happy with the win. And I guess I'm back in the championship race a little bit now.

I think the fuel saving and maybe the fpi made this race pretty uneventful as not many drivers wanted to race. But I'm not complaining... ;-)

The first stint I had nowhere to go so started saving fuel. With Kevin right on my bumper made the saving quite easy. After 38 laps I still had almost one lap left. The second stint Kevin was still behind me but kept a much bigger gap. It made me burn a lot more fuel so the second stint of 38 laps was really close.

I learned a lot about the package today, like how energy is build up in a lane and what determines how much speed has based on what the drivers in that lane are doing.

I think this package has a lot of potential. Hopefully we can race a bit more next race.

I don't know what was going on today. Was it a full moon?

From lap one everybody drove like it was the last lap. No give, only taking. It was so contradictory to every race we've done so far....

I thought my race was over in lap 99. But as others kept wrecking (or being wrecked..) or some had an interesting pit strategy, it got me all the way up to 3rd.

What should have been the best race of the season, turned into a complete disaster for me and many others....

All I can say is that I'm very sorry :(. I was just following Ian through there and it snapped loose. And with everybody so close, there was no way I could save it....

Thanks all and usually I don't do this but today I need to dedicate this win to my father who is fighting with Chemotherapy, my mother who since Friday is in the hospital due to the 2nd Cerebral stroke and my little baby (dog) Spot who I'm afraid I must put to sleep tomorrow or the following day.

I hope things will get better soon. Wish you and your family all the best!

As far as my race, I haven't figured the pitstopdeal out yet in relation with the dirty air. Last week I think I came in too early, today my first green stop was too late.

Driving the low line in t1-2 was pretty fun though. Car was just way too loose in 3 and 4 in dirty air...

Der Crash in Lap 3 hat die Weichen auf einen verlorenen Abend gestellt. Recht früh gesehen, dass es da vorne Probleme gibt, versucht möglichst kontrolliert zu bremsen und nach unten weg zu ziehen, dabei Jeroen (glaube ich) minimal touchiert, was seinem Ergebnis aber zum Glück nicht geschadet hat. Etwas quer gestellt und dann noch einen derben Schlag abbekommen. Danach fehlte Top-Speed.

You did a great job slowing down and you never hit me (it was close though), so thanks for that. Unfortunately the #114 did not and hit you. You didn't deserve that...

I started way to far back (23rd) to be able to fight for the lead. My long race pace was good, but further than 4th, withing 1 second of Marvin was all I could get within the 134 laps we had today...

It was a fun race. Maybe I could have challenged Ian for the win if it stayed green, but we'll never know.... BTW Ian, my RF was 1% worse than yours, my RR 2% better.

But after the dismal last 3 races I should be really happy with 2nd. I tried to get a run on the high line the last lap, but overdrove t1 and had to get completely out of the throttle which ruined my momentum...

And I really hope iracing will fix the multigroove racing, because the dirty air is really bad and with only 1 line you can be fast on its incredibly hard to pass....

I had an up and down race. Missed my pitstall twice, because I entered pitroad twice behind Kevin, while he was one stall in front of me. So when he entered his stall, I had trouble seeing 'my guy'...

Had a good starting position for the last restart, but David did not go at all starting in 3rd gear :ka:.

And then in the last turn when everybody in front was wrecking, Gabriel bounced into me pushing me on to pitroad giving me a penalty......

Crossed the line 5th, but because of the black flag I got scored 21st..... :heul:

Not too smart that move in T3 from the outside which caused a major check up and a bit wreck but well, it's Daytona I guess.

Yeah sorry about that. My spotter cleared me 1 or 2 seconds before that, but I thought it was a bit too close, so I was hoping Ian could push me a little bit more. But that same time the outside line stalled out and the inside was gaining momentum again. So that was the moment I had thought I had to make a move to not be stuck on the outside with a very hot Ian behind me who then couldn't push anymore. As soon as I realized Marvin was going forward again and I was too late I went back up, but I guess at that time Marvin already lifted a little bit. From my mirror it didn't look like Marvin slowed down that much, but on the replay I could see the check up...

Well in case of the very unlikely event all 40 drivers do show up next week. I still need to finish 33rd or better to get the championship. So I'm not celebrating yet, but I do admit I'm feeling pretty confident going into next week. ;-).

Based on how the race started I expected a pretty intense battle between Keven and I. Unfortunately he overdrove turn 1 50 laps in to the first run. I don't hope I scared you that caused this. I got a pretty good run out of t4 and made a move to your inside, but aborted the overtake in the middle of the frontstretch, because I was sliding my tires all the way to start/finish and didn't want to take any risks.

Also Carsten was pushing me pretty hard on the restarts, but I knew if I took care of my rear tires I should be fine and that worked out pretty well. The last caution made things a little bit more interesting then I hoped for, but I'm really happy (after last weeks disaster) I got the win here. Definitely takes the pressure off.

What happend Jeroen?

Speeding on pitroad......40 second hold...:heul:

I told myself before the race to be conservative and just make no mistakes, so I guess I should've taken 2nd place and have a comfortable championship lead.

Instead I realized I could win the race so I went for it. The first pit stop I stayed out quite a bit longer than Kevin, because I was waiting till you and Thomas were pitting, so I wouldn't be caught a lap down in case of an unlucky yellow flag. I came back on the track I think 10 seconds behind Kevin. Closed that gap to less then 1 second before the next round of pitstops. So this time I didn't want to pit that long after Kevin came in again. And in trying to not give Kevin too much of a lead after the pitstops I was pretty aggressive getting in.

And that bit me in the ass........ Pretty hard....

Congrats Carsten, you drove a great race!

I couldn't keep you behind me. I just wasn't very good from lap 10-40 in a run. After that I was stuck behind Roland.

The wreck that happened not too long after that was really unfortunate. ? It was a great race up until then.

Ever since nr2003 Dover has been my favorite track. So I'm really happy with a win here. And now they took one Dover date of the schedule next year :heul:.

I was a little bit worried with that last 85 lap run, because based on practice I blew out a right rear after that many laps. So I was super saving that last run and managing the gap between me and Matthias and Gabi and luckily that was enough to finish the race without any problems.