Beiträge von NigeldeJ

Tried to do a 2-tire stop on the last long run but I put lefts on instead of rights 🥲🥲 made the car even more tight than it already was and never got the chance to put the rights on again. Shame as it was easy top 3 pace. I'll take that for having not run a lap for a few months 😊

Follow the leader around the top :rolleyes: joke. Had no feeling in my hand and feet and just couldn't feel it. Overdrove it once and that's the car killed. Hope the dynamic track update they're working on will be here soon cause this is horrible (like it was in the past as well, thought the bottom worked for a few seasons but nope again)

One sideways action and that's all it takes to kill this car... Carsten did it before me and I just decided to really show how to kill a car :# Racing was really hard cause track position is everything. And 98/98 tires after 70 laps ?( Where's the falloff lol

Hope I didn't kill anyone too bad... ;(

als ob du das gemacht hättest ;D

Gabi war im direkten Kampf mit Kelvin, mir und Micha. Wieso sollte er dann langsamer machen den ein Lapper durch lassen? Macht null Sinn was du da schreibst. Sorry :uff: :haha:

Sometimes letting the lapper go and following in his draft can be quite an effective tactic 😘

My race went really well, was a good fight with Carsten until my slow last stop. Had to make up too much time and he had help from someone pushing and lappers to draft towards. Got frustrated with that and overdrove the car... Shame the draft was so important cause for the first time in forever the truck was loose and fun to drive 😎 at stupid Texas of all places!!

The wrecks were just stupid, got caught up in 2 of them but minimal damage. Unfortunately a little bit too much to get the high line going and really fight for the win. Getting doorslammed late again is a bit of a bummer but oh well.

Was on for a super quick 1.7 gallon stop at the end but another caution ruined that chance.

Oh and if we want Carsten to stop winning: race him harder!! :D

Messed up qualifying, and did no tires when I should've. Still pretty clean racing until the cautions came. People drive like their life depends on it, and would rather wreck their car than let people with 20-30 lap newer tires go. Shame cause the pace was really good after I figured it out.

Smokey Excellent use of the divebomb rule as per usual :top:

Keine Ahnung, was du für ein Problem hast, wenn du nicht fahren kannst. Ich war einfach nur hinter dir, du wurdest loose und bist abgeflogen. Gab keinen Kontakt. Vielleicht einfach mal nicht immer anderen das eigene Versagen in die Schuhe schieben.

Are you not aware of the aero effect that these cars have on each other? Have you ever watched a real race where they try to get to someone's quarter panel to get them loose? All without contact as well. Your reply would suggest not. It's always worked a little bit on iracing, but now with the new aero model on the A car it's really pronounced. Especially noticeable on superspeedways. Newsflash: when a car is loose sitting on their ass doesn't help.

I'm not even gonna bother gracing your remark about not knowing how to drive with an answer :pfeif:

When even series admins start wrecking you idk what to say anymore... There is no reason to sit on my quarter panel like that, with a car that is undriveable as it is... Wth is up with these setups and this tire man :(

Tried the strategy, would've probably gotten me a few positions from 10th back but it was not to be. Thanks Yves for doing that to the leaders when you're laps down yourself. When are people gonna learn how to unlap themselves on fresh tires? The amount of uncertainty and half-assed moves made by some people tonight...

But who guarantees a late caution?

If it stays green I and all the other late pitters would have been shafted :ka:

That's the risk we took. Same risk as you took with your decision to undercut hard.

With 3 sets everybody has a spare tire set to be safe for a late caution. So not really that much of a incentive to put the chips in with undercut / staying out longer.

It takes any skill out of it, as at this point we're just gambling and hoping it pays off. With an extra set, the undercut still could've been pulled off by a few laps for massive gain. Not just posting this because I got screwed along with a few others, but since I cant remember a race in VO where we had this little tiresets.

I cant imagine the real race only having 4-5 dry sets for the race either tbh

With 3 sets everybody is on the same strategy and nobody would gamble ?(

I thought it brought a interesting element into the race

That is how it usually goes tho, this just promotes driving super save and saving a set. If I wasn't so damn bored I would've gone lap 40+ too but then it's just a big boring parade with Carsten winning as usual. Where's the fun in that?

No speed, sickness and no consistency so had to do some strategy to get to the front. My god was this a boring race, the train is unreal. Anyway, a nice P2 turned into P12 cause ofcourse people are just gonna slam you up the track on those late restarts. Too bad.

On a sidenote: 2 sets of tires for a 100 lap race seems so low, it was always gonna favor staying out late and hoping for the wreck. Shame as it kinda killed any ''normal'' strategies.

Dann in der letzten Yellow leider mitbeteiligt: Nigel machte innen in T1 den 3-Wide auf. Er hatte schon lange genug hinter mir gewartet, auf das ich mal endlich zurecht komme mit meinen Gegnern aussen. Aber ich verlor innen Platz um Platz und somit er auch. Ergo: Überholmanöver, 3-Wide in T1/T2, Micha aussen und ich in der Mitte. 3-Wide Meldung vom Spotter kam. Sie war relativ kurz vor der Kurveneinfahrt (aber IMO keine DB von Nigel), darum blieb ich mittig. Leider hat Micha mich dann berührt und ist abgeflogen wie ein Gummiball. Ich hab nur ne kleine Berührung bemerkt. Wirklich Schade, weil wir auch davor schoene 2-Wide Kämpfe hatten.

Yellow-Verursacher: Hm... nehme ich nicht freiwillig auf mich. RLs sollen das Richten.

Ich hatte zum Glück kein Schaden, auch kein Incs. bekommen und so konnte ich im letzten Stint gerade so den 10.Platz halten. Jesus hat schon gelauert, aber die Zeit hat mich gerettet.:)

It's a shame that it had to happen that way, and I can only hope that the stewards will not really reward any penalties for it. I feel like the move was made in time, and all parties involved had time to react accordingly. Could you have been a bit lower? Sure. But Michael could've been a bit higher as well. If it wasn't for a certain car full throttling into that wreck and destroying Michael's nose, everyone would've come out of it without damage :(

At the end of the day I feel like racing incidents like this happen at a short track, and unfortunately sometimes these things happen. Hope the stewards see it that way too.

My race was entertaining, I tried to do a 2 stop as I was way short on fuel (still don't understand how) and I spun and hit the wall coming to pitroad :clown: Had to reverse and do a J turn on pitroad that cost me 10+ seconds lol. It was a game of clawing back what I could, P4 is alright considering all things but fighting for the win would've been great!

Got together with Jose early but no caution :( then the wreck that took Kelvin out just couldn't avoid... People are so adamant on defending hard, bit silly at times.

Most silly of all though is Tobias Sievers running in reverse before pitroad and getting me a blackflag for passing under yellow ffs. Final nail in the coffin, onto the next one :rolleyes:

Again? :boring:

It's strange that you could easily ride in the group of five for the first 30 laps. When Henning and I were a few laps behind you, it was going very well and suddenly you started to leave a gap. What am I supposed to think in this case?

The only reason Doug could hang was because he had help, and I bridged the gap for him to stay on. The moment I started pushing again is when he'd drop. Maybe check the replay and see the massive stackup and all the damage loads of people got from that before jumping to fairly aggressive conclusions...

My race went well, had to fix half a minute of damage from people not checking up for a wreck :rolleyes: but the car seemed ok. Was gonna push Daniel to the front right until Cesar 179 decided to make a pointless move coming to the checkers. Big wreck, but luckily after the line. I'll take P4, always a bonus to finish well at the SS tracks.