Beiträge von Ian Cornish

I found the setup really fun to drive. You really had to hang on to it through 3-4 in the second part of a run! I also noticed a bit of the new aero changes. Once when I was alongside Roland and another time when I got to Maik's rear, both times they got loose.

Really pleased with how the season went! Shame I can't say the same about Class B :clown:

The race was great. I didn't really feel like doing it and then went with no destination. Just swim along. That came out P4 in the end was very gratifying. Glaub has to go to the races like this more often.

Had clean and nice fights. The longruns were great too. Was able to manage my tires well.

I just don't know why you found the setup tight? I was always loose at the exit and had to be very careful with the gas. Believe it was the driving style. Setup was really good for the truck!

Yeah I wouldn't have said it was overly tight. I was shifting and I think you were too, but others weren't. Perhaps that helped loosen it up?

That marked my 100th race in VO! Well chuffed to be able to celebrate it with a win :)

In the first stint it was clear that Roland had the superior pace. I was confused by the attempt to make it a one stopped, that strategy was never on the cards, even with the early caution. Given that, I thought I had it in the bag until the late cautions. Had a good battle with Carsten over a number of laps and was finally able to get my nose ahead.

Martinsville is an odd track for me. I'm never quite sure how I will perform there. This time the setup seemed to suit me well and I was pleased with my long run pace. The first caution worked out well as I had been following Roland for a while and we had eventually caught the back of the field. This held us up and Maik was starting to claw back the gap. The second long run I also managed to build a gap to Nigel and I thought that would be it, then came the final cautions. Almost threw it away at the end, but I think Nigel went easy on me ;)

Thanks to the lapped cars for staying high and giving me room. It's much appreciated

That was a tough race. With the latest draft model it's just impossible to get away from anyone. Still it did provide some good battle with Frank, Kevin Maik and Daniel.

Finally got a tire strategy call right and came out just behind Maik after the last pitstop. A lap fresher tires proved to be enough and I managed to break the draft.

Kevin Adam I'm sorry the 3 wide turned out the way it did. Looking at the replay, there was no way that you could have known we were three.

If you wanted to get by the #48 and the 3 of you were working together then why didn't you just do it earlier, instead of blocking the run of Nigel and I. Three cars trying to coordinate at switch to the high line when two other cars are coming up behind you seems to me like a very risky move.

I can't understand the intention of people jumping up in front of Nigel and I. Surely nobody thought that it would benefit them. The only thing it was going to do (and did) was cause chaos. We would only have been two cars trying to make it on the top. Most likely the middle would still have held the advantage if you all had just stayed there! Felt like games were being played.

Micha I'm assuming the side swipe when you lapped me wasn't intentional, or have I done something to upset you?

I was late getting onto the server which meant I got less practice than I would have liked. Didn't do any long run practice and focused on the short run with the hope of qualifying near the front. Managed to get pole and control the pace from there. At Dover I tried to save a set of tires for the end and it didn't work out. Nigel tried the same last night and I thought it might work out for him, but ultimately it proved to be the wrong call.

Had a good battle with chogger during the last restarts. Sorry for the contact into turn 1, looks like I moved up slightly preparing to enter the turn. I massively over drove turn 3 and got really tight. At that moment I thought I'd given away the win, but I managed to somehow hold on. Overall a very enjoyable race.