• Just wondering if anyone else has had a chance to try out the NTMv7 on the K&N car yet?

I just did the 13th Week NASCAR Nationals Series race. First lap the car felt pretty loose, the next lap pretty tight. After that it became more neutral with a tendency to push a little if over driving the exit. It takes a while for the tires to come up to temp and my fastest time was on lap 4. From that point the drop off wasn't too significant, over the 25 laps I only dropped off 0.9 seconds from my fastest time, and the drop off was fairly linear. The overall feel of the car was good, a little snug but that is most likely the setup.

I will have to experiment with some longer runs, as it is mention that the tires fall off a cliff when they begin to wear out. Also it will be interesting to see how effective it is to be conservative at the start of a run. In the race I did I didn't consciously set out to save tires, but didn't abuse them either, driving fast but smooth.

• I haven't run any laps with the car yet (i don't even own it :pfeif:), but i considered to participate in the official k&n series in season4, just to see what it's like with the new tire model.

NTMv7 sounds really interesting to me on the oval side, the first introduction in the skippy was a bit of a mess, but i think with a fixed setup the probable loopholes of the tiremodel won't be abused and you can "see" how they want the tire model working.

• I made 2 races yesterday.

i find the NTM great.

the first round is with no grip, but if you dont overrun your tires, the tires become better and better with every lap.

the i made my fastest laps between lap 5 and 15 and the grip was at a good Level till the end of the race in lap 25.

i have seen other cars they passed me in lap 5 and in lap 10 i get them back.

sorry for my english i hope you can understand whta i mean.

• Yeah I get what you're saying. I think that taking care of your tires early in the run will pay you back later on.

• yes i think so too.

its interesting to find out whats good for the tires and whats bad.

and i think green stop flags are more dificult becouse the firts 2-3 rounds are Pretty hard to drive with less grip.

ok we have no green stop flags in vo but anyway :)

• Ultimately I think the same techniques that saved tires in the old model will be applicable for the new model, such as backing up the entry, minimal wheel input and easing into the throttle on exit. It's just that i will probably be more important to do so now.

• That´ll break my neck. :#

I can drive way to hard and stupid really good. With the actual aero package i´m able to find a line to not kill the tires immediatly, like i did in the build before.

After 15 years not changing my driving but changing set and line i won´t start doing so. But i will start praying for v8 :D

NTM7...yay :#

WENN`S EINER KANN, DANN DER GLATZENMANN!

GoKart: €35; Sturmhaube: €2; Stev besiegen: Unbezahlbar!
    iR BSS Div.4 Runner-up 2016/S2 | VO Class D Champion 2015 | VO GoKart Champion 2010 | VO Winter Champion 2009/10 | iR SK Modified Div.7 Champion 2009/S2

• I haven't driven any cars with the new Tire Model yet, but im planning to race the K&N in season 4 a bit more since i like the cars in general.

I think it'll be great for Leagues like here in VO with the amound of Laps we're running in the races. I tried to experiment with saving tires with the trucks 2 days ago in the second half of the race (i.e. running the high line) since i felt back anyway after a spin of mine. I think it kinda worked. After like 15 laps i had an easier time catching up and overtaking people.

I mean im kinda new to iracing so what do i know, but i felt with how the tires are now theres a point where everyone's running "without grip" anyway after like 25 laps. So i think its nice that with the new Tire model people who push the first idk 10 laps or so get punished even more in the long run to people who drive more conservative and look out for their tires. Also in qualli, the way you and iracing described it, you actually will have to use the out and first lap to bring your tires up to temperature whereas now you just hang back the first 2 laps and set your time on the 2nd qualli lap since the colder tire is faster because i racing logic i guess. Well atleast thats what i heard alot of the faster guys saying how it works :d

• i did some runs on texas. it was very different for me like it ran before. the outlap and the first lap can be a challange. after that it was "pushy" because i mostly overdrove it.

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli:

• Did two runs in Michigan yesterday. The new tire model feels really, really good.

In the first race I did the common mistake and nearly spun the car in the first 3 laps but later on I could comfortly get back on the gas and had a lot of grip. Not shure if it is a bit too much grip, but I remember Onboards were real drivers were also not really careful with the gas input...

The second race was just as other here described it. Was very careful with the tires in the first 5 laps and lost some positions but got them back after 10-12 laps or so.

I see a lot of potential in this model. Especially the strategy to the end of a race or at green stops could get interesting: Change tyres and risk to much time loss in the first laps, or do a quick fuel stop and try to carry the tires to the end.