2021-01-20 Class B #1 Daytona International Speedway

• b_daytona_4.png

Session name: http://www.virtual-oval.de (Pro)
    Private: Yes
    Server: DE-Fra

License level: Rookie (1.0) to Pro/WC (4.0)
    Track: Daytona International Speedway
    Configuration: Oval
    Time Of Day: 2021-02-13 15:25 1x
    Car Class: Hosted All Cars Class
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Toyota Supra
    Max Fuel Fill %: 100
    Weight Penalty KG: 0
    Weight Penalty LBS: 0
    Power Adjust %: 0.0
    Dry Tire Sets: 4
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Chevrolet Camaro
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Ford Mustang
    Fixed Setup: Yes
    Paint Cars: No
    Maximum racers: 43
    Tournament: No
    Dynamic Sky: Yes
    Temperature: 78 °F
    Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH
    Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover
    Skies: Partly Cloudy
    Variability: : 0% , 0%
    Practice length: 85 minutes
    Qualifier length: 2 laps OR 5 minutes
    Race length: 120 laps OR 210 minutes
    Starting type: Rolling start
    Parade lap type: long
    Num fast repairs: 0
    Cautions: Race control (Ovals) + Admin
    Count caution laps: Yes
    Lucky dog: On
    Wave arounds: Yes
    Restart type: Double File, Lapped cars to the back
    Consec. caut. single: No
    Green/White/Check: Unlimited
    Hardcore level: Disallow all driving aids (but clutch assist OK)
    Car damage: On
    Restrict results: No
    Warn incident limit: No limit
    DQ incident limit: No limit
    Qual scrutiny: Strict
    Auto-Clean Marbles: No
    Practice: Automatically Generated
    Qualify: Carried over
    Race: Carried over
  • War dann dank Vodafona nen kürzeres Rennen. :danke:

Da hat man seit Wochen endlich keine Probleme mehr und jetzt auf einen Schlag komplett Ausfall. Als ich es bemerkt habe und meine Teammates es gesagt haben, hab ich direkt versucht weg zu kommen (auch wenn ich sowieso nicht zusehen war, aber falls es wieder kommt wäre ich nicht in einen "gerejoint"). Ich kotze und man sieht sich dann in Indy. :sprecher:

Achso und ich hoffe natürlich das keiner zu Schaden kam, allerdings hab ich keinen Crash gesehen (bevor ich vom Server gekickt wurde)

• schönes rennen. der große crash kurz nach Mitte des Rennens wo es keine Yellow gab hat dann vieles durcheinandergebracht im Fahrerfeld. War zwischenzeitlich gar mal dritter^^

ansonsten faires rennen, pitstops sollte ich noch mal üben. da bin ich sauber in die boxengasse reingeschlittert. zum glück ohne black flag.

sorry an die #30 und glaube ich die #180 beim letzten Restart - ich war direkt hinterm 11. und dachte da passe ich gut vorbei. ich hoffe das hat euch nicht viele Positionen gekostet - ich hab mich dann mit 140mph noch über die Ziellinie gerettet vor den Leute mit -2L ;)

• 0.005s :howl:

:aetsch:

Seriously though, it was a great finish to push us both clear of the outside line and then come up.

Thanks again to Simons Rendl, Simon Ernst, Jesus and Alexander for getting in line and doing the job of chasing down the front pack before the last fuel stop, they were 14 seconds ahead when we started the chase and I think we took 10 seconds out of them by the time we pitted. Enough to get out and stick with them after we exited the pits. Same goes for the guys in the front pack, Yves, Dennis and Stephane for the last 20 keeping it hooked up and clean. It was such a close finish with Yves.

Finally thanks to Hazy Signs, Pay 2 Win Setups, Carl Heighes and the rest of the TFR boys.

• Yeah, was a good race. But damn, overtaking slow, damaged cars was scary sometimes. When one slow car decides to overtake another slow car and one is against the yellow line and one is one the high line. While the lead pack is coming side by side....

• Pole und 3/1000 und Sieg um 5/1000 verpasst. Aber gibt schlimmeres. Bin mit dem Auftakt mehr als zufrieden, aber es stehen ja noch 3 Rennen auf dem Kurs aus wo es dann anders laufen kann (und auch wird).

Ich mache 3 Kreuze, wenn das vorbei ist. Das liegt aber weniger am Kurs, als an den Mitfahrern. Denn was ich da gestern erlebt habe, spottet jeder Beschreibung.

Dennis hat es schon sehr gut beschrieben, dass da Lapper nicht zusammen eine Linie wählten, sondern mal einer oben, einer unten und am besten dann noch gegenseitig überholen.

Ich hab mir im Replay im Nachhinein noch alle Incidents angesehen, es ist zum lachen und heulen zugleich. Da fahren Leute einfach so gegen die Wand, von allein, kein Gegner da. Ist mir unbegreiflich. Ich hab jetzt n paar auf meiner Liste, bei denen ich ganz besonders aufpassen werden.

Aber nun zum positiven. Das Finish war großartig, ich habe viel überlegt, wann ich als 4. auf die Outside gehe. Diese Überlegung hat mir dann Dennis abgenommen und so konnte mich inside hinter Doug setzen und pushen, dann kam in T4 das clear und ich bin auf die Outside mit Schwung und wäre das Ziel 20m weiter hinten gewesen, dann hätte es gereicht. Egal. War geil. Danke und Gratz Doug, Dennis und die ganze Draft-Gruppe mit der ich da die letzten 30 Runden zusammen fahren durfte. :top:

• Dennis took this over from me and so I could sit inside behind Doug and push, then the clear came in T4 and I hit the outside with momentum and if the goal had been 20m further back, then it would have been enough. No matter. What great. Thanks and Gratz Doug, Dennis and the whole draft group with whom I was allowed to drive the last 30 laps together.:Top:

I was lifting slightly through turn 3 once I knew the outside line had stalled to stop you getting out too early ;)

I wanted to lift more to keep you trapped a little longer but also didn't want to risk loosing you 2nd place before the finish.

• Yes, it was a great race. Unfortunately screwed up the pit stop ??‍♂️

• Yes, it was a great race. Unfortunately screwed up the pit stop ??‍♂️

It was a shame as I was about 4 seconds ahead of the lead pack of cars who had pitted when I got up to speed but then the cars I was with had to pit after a couple of laps and then they caught up. With two or three exiting pits together of us I think we could have checked out.

• Yeah, I didn't know, why we were so slow. We had two of the group of four without enough skill to go the speed we had to have. We lost nearly one second per lap before the pitstops. You close the gap from 15s to 9s. And after the stops it stills at 40s. Big enough for you.