2022-07-31 - XIX. All-Star Race - Texas - Info-/Racethread

• The 60% noseweight is from the first run after I checked down pitroad, pretty big difference in ride height as well. The 51% one is from when I rejoined. Both on full full as well

Pretty sure this was triggered by you only joining after qualifying began (I see no other plausible cause), but obviously it shouldn’t happen nonetheless. I’d also report it to iRacing support.

• They were automatically disqualified from the win as per the post. If you didnt think you were going to win it was a legitimate strategy.

No it was not.

"There is the following special regulation: Mandatory pit stop under green with change of all tires in Stage 3. The VO rules apply."

This rule applies to every driver, not only the ones who were driving to win the race.

• They were automatically disqualified from the win as per the post. If you didnt think you were going to win it was a legitimate strategy.

I wouldn’t consider something that disqualifies you from contending for the win (the sole objective in a non-points race) legitimate. It screwed up a number of people’s races. I knew that my strategy (pitting right when the green comes out in stage 3) carries some risk, but the one scenario I obviously did not consider was some people simply not pitting under green despite the rules requiring them to.

• No it was not.

"There is the following special regulation: Mandatory pit stop under green with change of all tires in Stage 3. The VO rules apply."

This rule applies to every driver, not only the ones who were driving to win the race.

That rule should have been put in the same place as the stage requirements then as I know a number of people including myself missed it and only found out about it after the third stage assuming they were only DQ'd from the win like they would be if they caused a caution.

Changing back and forth between multiple languages isnt the best way of communicating important information. Put it all in one language, then another, then the third. Don't swap out of one so people stop reading after their language stops and then switch back to it again later in the post. That's just asking for things to get missed.

• Das ist mal ne gute Ausrede Doug :top:.

"Ich konnte die Regel nicht sehen, weil zwischen verschiedene Sprachen geswitcht wurde." Großartig. Muss ich mir merken.

Man könnte auch einfach sagen, dass mans verkackt hat und nicht die Schuld bei anderen sucht.

Und was ist das überhaupt für ne beschissene Einstellung, dass die Regel ja nur für Leute wichtig ist, die gewinnen wollen?!?!?!?!? Das war ne allgemeingültige Regel für ALLE!

• Not an excuse. No blame. Once I was made aware by Kevin of the rule being Mandatory or A General Rule for everyone rather than only DQ'ing you from the win like causing a caution does, not that anyone would ever deliberately cause a caution of course, it shouldn't be used as a strategy. That you immediately jumped to the conclusion I meant otherwise is somewhat disappointing.

I was simply suggesting how it could be more effectively communicated it future because it's obvious there were more than one or two drivers that missed it.

Nigel did the same as me and I assume the other 3 who stayed out also failed to read or understand the new part of the special rules introduced for this event.

• Ich möchte nichts Schönreden, aber kurz erklären, weil mich Vorwürfe zu meinem Verhalten erreicht haben: Mir war diese Boxenstoppregel nicht bewusst, denn ich hatte die Zeile im ersten Beitrag nicht wahrgenommen gehabt. Ich habe mich mit dem Server verbunden in der Annahme, einfach ein Rennen zu fahren.

Während des Rennens waren mir folglich die Ansagen bzw. Nachrichten unerklärlich, denn mir ist nicht deutlich geworden, wann ich hätte was tun müssen und wem ich wie und warum ein Rennen versaut haben könnte.

Rückblickend tut es mir trotzdem leid, wenn ich jemandem etwas gekostet habe. Böse Absichten habe ich zu keinem Zeitpunkt gehegt. Und der Illusion, das Rennen bei der gestrigen Konkurrenz zu gewinnen, bin ich ebenfalls nie erlegen. Ich entschuldige mich dennoch bei euch: Es tut mir aufrichtig leid, dass mir der Durchblick gestern gefehlt hat.

• Ich hab es genommen wie es kam. Als Comeback hat alles gepasst. Kam also an wie immer und auch das warum, konnte ich mir selbst beantworten.

Somit freue ich mich auf Michigan, neues Spiel neues Glück.

Schön euch A :aetsch: alle wieder zu sehen.

• Matthias Koch : Da auch ich meine Chancen bei diesem Rennen kenne, ist zumindest von meiner Seite aus alles gut. Ob ich nun auf P5, P10, P15 oder P20 das Ziel sehe: das juckt am Ende eh keinen. Klar wäre ich wohl bei einem normalen Verlauf weiter vorne gewesen, aber selbst den Blumentopf dafür hätte ich mir selber kaufen müssen.

Von meiner Seite ist alles gut. Und unterm Strich wird es keinen Einfluss auf den Sieger gehabt haben.

Ich hatte dafür am Ende noch ein schönes Duell mit Kelvin. Sinnfrei, aber unterhaltsam. :D

Keine Sorge Kelvin und Frank, in einem Wertungsrennen würde ich nicht so dagegen halten, wenn es nur um P17 geht. Gestern gab es da hinten aber für uns alle nix zu gewinnen und nix zu verlieren. Da konnte man mal enger fahren, ohne am Ende irgendwem etwas zu versauen.

WENN`S EINER KANN, DANN DER GLATZENMANN!

GoKart: €35; Sturmhaube: €2; Stev besiegen: Unbezahlbar!
    iR BSS Div.4 Runner-up 2016/S2 | VO Class D Champion 2015 | VO GoKart Champion 2010 | VO Winter Champion 2009/10 | iR SK Modified Div.7 Champion 2009/S2

• Thanks to the organization for the invitation and to all the participants, it's always fun to do clean races with mandatory safety cars, it involves a strategic factor that I love! And please, do not mess with those who didn't find out about the rule as if this were the inquisition, we all make mistakes and to deal with these cases is what the VO regulations exist for, if you later want to debate about the regulations looking to the future is something else, but currently this is what it is and we cannot change what has already happened :D

Gracias a la organización por la invitación y a todos los participantes, siempre es divertido hacer carreras limpias con safety car obligatorios, hace que haya de por medio un factor estratégico que me encanta! Y por favor, no se metan con los que no se enteraron de la norma como si esto fuera la inquisición, todos cometemos errores y para tratar estos casos es para lo que existe la normativa de la VO, ya si luego quieren debatir sobre la normativa de cara al futuro es otra cosa, pero actualmente esto es lo que hay y no podemos cambiar lo que ya ha pasado :D

Adrián Baeza #1

World Of SimRacing Team, alias WOSR, sometimes WORMS, depends on who you ask

Twitter