2021-04-28 Class B #8 Richmond Raceway

• b_richmond_2.png

Session name: http://www.virtual-oval.de
    Private: Yes
    Server: DE-Fra
    License level: Rookie (1.0) to Pro/WC (4.0)
    Track: Richmond Raceway
    Time Of Day: 2021-04-17 12:50 1x
    Car Class: Hosted All Cars Class
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Toyota Supra
    Max Fuel Fill %: 100
    Weight Penalty KG: 0
    Weight Penalty LBS: 0
    Power Adjust %: 0.0
    Dry Tire Sets: 5
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Chevrolet Camaro
    Car: NASCAR XFINITY Ford Mustang
    Fixed Setup: Yes
    Paint Cars: No
    Maximum racers: 43
    Tournament: No
    Dynamic Sky: Yes
    Temperature: 78 °F
    Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH
    Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover
    Skies: Partly Cloudy
    Variability: : 0% , 0%
    Practice length: 85 minutes
    Qualifier length: 2 laps OR 5 minutes
    Warmup length: No warmup
    Race length: 200 laps OR 150 minutes
    Starting type: Rolling start
    Parade lap type: long
    Num fast repairs: 0
    Cautions: Race control (Ovals) + Admin
    Count caution laps: Yes
    Lucky dog: On
    Wave arounds: Yes
    Restart type: Double File, Lapped cars to the back
    Consec. caut. single: No
    Green/White/Check: Unlimited
    Hardcore level: Disallow all driving aids (but clutch assist OK)
    Car damage: On
    Restrict results: No
    Warn incident limit: No limit
    DQ incident limit: No limit
    Qual scrutiny: Strict
    Auto-Clean Marbles: No
    Practice: Automatically Generated
    Qualify: Carried over
    Race: Carried over
  • Wow, der Thread lebt ja richtig hier. :D

Qualy P6, Ziel P8.

Im Rennen von hinten gestartet, die erste YF hat auch nicht lang gedauert. Damit war ich dann Top20.

Die 2.YF kam genau richtig, als ich LuckyDog war. Damit war Top10 eigentlich auch safe.

Schönen Zweikampf mit Henning gehabt, der am Ende wieder schneller wurde und ich aufpassen musste, keinen Fehler zu machen.

• Haha, I think it makes a great impression of how the race was :D I qualified 5th (if not mistaken) and finished also 5th.

Had a very strange moment when overtaking Doug Pickering in the first stint. He just turned into me in turn 3 to do it again in turn 1. Im not very experienced in oval racing but I’m guessing that’s not normal here either?

Nigel deJong is just of a different league btw, don’t understand why he’s in this group to be honest but I’m guessing it has something to do with the rules

• Jup, Nigel was just doing Nigel things yesterday again. After the second caution i could keep up for about 25/30ish laps but then he was driving away. Was in a bit of no man's land, made a couple of slight mistakes but nothing to big. Happy with a solid P2. Could use a good result after the last race.

• Haha, I think it makes a great impression of how the race was :D I qualified 5th (if not mistaken) and finished also 5th.

Had a very strange moment when overtaking Doug Pickering in the first stint. He just turned into me in turn 3 to do it again in turn 1. Im not very experienced in oval racing but I’m guessing that’s not normal here either?

Nigel deJong is just of a different league btw, don’t understand why he’s in this group to be honest but I’m guessing it has something to do with the rules

The composition of the splits is not based on how fast someone is. It is based on the FPI which is explained in the rules. Btw you confirmed that you have read them when you registered. ;D

• To avoid questions about the rules or have to remind participants about the rules, what if we have a test about the rules at the start of each season? This would be for everyone. Let's say 10 questions or so. This way everyone's gets a refresher about the rules. You cannot start until you pass the test.

• The composition of the splits is not based on how fast someone is. It is based on the FPI which is explained in the rules. Btw you confirmed that you have read them when you registered. ;D

I actually didn't sign up for the Pro series because I was on a break from iRacing :aetsch: And in the middle of the season I could only sign up for non-pro haha

In the race I had to really take it easy since I had a sore left arm from my covid vaccination earlier that day. It turned out to really help out cause I was super easy on the wheel and the tires :ka: Long run pace was fantastic because of it and after I passed Dennis for the lead I never really looked back.

• To avoid questions about the rules or have to remind participants about the rules, what if we have a test about the rules at the start of each season? This would be for everyone. Let's say 10 questions or so. This way everyone's gets a refresher about the rules. You cannot start until you pass the test.

thank you for that. I have to laugh very hard!

• I actually didn't sign up for the Pro series because I was on a break from iRacing :aetsch: And in the middle of the season I could only sign up for non-pro haha

In the race I had to really take it easy since I had a sore left arm from my covid vaccination earlier that day. It turned out to really help out cause I was super easy on the wheel and the tires :ka: Long run pace was fantastic because of it and after I passed Dennis for the lead I never really looked back.

You absolutely were hauling ass! Great win

• Had a very strange moment when overtaking Doug Pickering in the first stint. He just turned into me in turn 3 to do it again in turn 1. Im not very experienced in oval racing but I’m guessing that’s not normal here either?

If you are that convinced that you didnt slide up after I left you 2 car widths to drive in then please ask the admin team to take a look by filing a protest here - https://virtual-oval.de/?p=ticket_new&steward.

Turn 3 lap 73 to help you file it. Best viewed from on board the #75 car. ;)

• Zitat

"Im not very experienced in oval racing but I’m guessing that’s not normal here either?"

its oval racing where "rubbing is racing" especially on short tracks. If you like it more decent - ask your wife for sunday afternoon walk :*

• If you are that convinced that you didnt slide up after I left you 2 car widths to drive in then please ask the admin team to take a look by filing a protest here - https://virtual-oval.de/?p=ticket_new&steward.

Turn 3 lap 73 to help you file it. Best viewed from on board the #75 car. ;)

I did after checking the telemetry data. Of you like we can go through it sometime together to learn from it (both you and me, no worries I don’t mean I’m 100% right. A different POV surely can help ofcourse)

its oval racing where "rubbing is racing" especially on short tracks. If you like it more decent - ask your wife for sunday afternoon walk :*

I fully agree, but they like to give penalties here…