2022-02-13 Class A Pro #3 Daytona Intl. Speedway (Road)

• War eigentlich ganz froh, dass das Road-Event aufs Kind-WE gefallen ist, aber die Ferien machens dann doch möglich zu fahren (und ging ja auch nicht so lange).

Im Training hab ich echt schwarz gesehen fürs Rennen, aber man gewöhnte sich doch recht schnell dran. Nur, dass die Bremspunkte mit alten Reifen rgendwann knapper wurden, musste ich mehrmals lernen. Dabei waren die Werte (RR ca. 93%) gar nicht so schlecht.

Hat irgendwie trotzdem Spaß gemacht. Paar schöne Zweikämpfe dabei gewesen.

• (Fun-Fact Infield nur 2. Gang und Le Meme Schikane 3. Gang)

das ist mir im practice aufgefallen und hat mir in kombiniation mit 2.63 (einfach das mittlere) und 51% bb sehr geholfen. danke :D

die kombi ging gar nicht. ich habe irgendwie gehofft, dass der NASCAR Branded V8 Supercar GT3 Evo 2022 wenigstens auf road viel besser zu fahren ist... aber irgendwie war das das gegenteil. so wie das auto am exit oval t2 ausbrechen konnte ist der difusor wohl nur rein kosmetisch...

bis auf die kurzweiligen fights am ende mit brian und johannes wars übel langweilig und ich hatte nur mit mir zu tun. mehr oder weniger fehlerfrei gebliben bzw mehr fehler als die leute vor mir und weniger fehler als die leute hinter mir gemacht und p13 gerettet. ist ok. aber lustig oder spassig war es nicht.

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gabriel ()

• As much as I didn't like this car and track combination, I had a ton of fun in the second run as I finally started to get to grips with this car. I guess practice really really helps, and can't wait to drive it on a normal road course. These sausage kerbs man 😤😤😤

During the race I made a few too many mistakes (as did everyone but Carsten lol) but in the end really happy with P2! I think on race pace only Marian and perhaps Dominick had me beat, but getting through this mostly clean and without pissing people off too much I'll take it 🤭😎

• After sleeping on it, I am still super bummed/annoyed with how this race was taken away from me by my wife. This would have been my best result ever in VO in the Pro field. Of course, health is more important but it's super annoying that I had to step away for nothing.

I had fun with the car and track. This car makes this track difficult, while it's super easy with GTE/GT3/LMP2 cars. You have to get as close to the limit as possible, without overstepping it. It is a fun challenge. I was surprised I ended up P2 at the end of the first stint. I figured that if I saved tires and the guys in front of me would fight, I'd have a shot at the end of the race. Suddenly I was P3 with a couple of laps to go, but then I had to park it. First time in a while I rage quit a race.

On to the next one...

• First lap on the backstretch chicane Remo braked way earlier than I anticipated. The only way I could avoid him was throttle up, pass him and miss the chicane. Unfortunately this layout has tire barriers there, which don't give at all. So there went my engine and race...