2021-08-08 Class A Pro #1 Watkins Glen Intl.

• a_watkinsglen_1.png

Session name: http://www.virtual-oval.de
    Private: Yes
    Server: DE-Fra
    License level: Rookie (1.0) to Pro/WC (4.0)
    Track: Watkins Glen International
    Configuration: Cup
    Time Of Day: 2021-08-07 13:10 1x
    Car Class: Hosted All Cars Class
    Car: NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
    Max Fuel Fill %: 100
    Weight Penalty KG: 0
    Weight Penalty LBS: 0
    Power Adjust %: 0.0
    Dry Tire Sets: 3
    Car: NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
    Car: NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry
    Fixed Setup: Yes
    Paint Cars: No
    Maximum racers: 43
    Tournament: No
    Dynamic Sky: Yes
    Temperature: 78 °F
    Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH
    Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover
    Skies: Partly Cloudy
    Variability: : 0% , 0%
    Practice length: 85 minutes
    Qualifier length: 1 laps OR 5 minutes
    Warmup length: No warmup
    Race length: 54 laps OR 150 minutes
    Starting type: Rolling start
    Parade lap type: long
    Num fast repairs: 0
    Cautions: Race control (Ovals) + Admin
    Count caution laps: Yes
    Lucky dog: On
    Wave arounds: Yes
    Restart type: Double File, Lapped cars to the back
    Consec. caut. single: No
    Green/White/Check: Unlimited
    Hardcore level: Disallow all driving aids (but clutch assist OK)
    Car damage: On
    Restrict results: No
    Warn incident limit: No limit
    DQ incident limit: No limit
    Qual scrutiny: Strict
    Auto-Clean Marbles: No
    Practice: Automatically Generated
    Qualify: Carried over
    Race: Carried over

Driver of the #92 Minexperts Toyota for Rising Star Motorsports

• hätte gerne top10 noch geholt aber p11 nehm ich auch. bin verhältnismässig viel training gefahren für heute, da ich dachte, dass beim seasonopener mehr leute kommen und ich auf keinen fall failen wollte...

fehlerfrei und 0x. da muss ich zugeben, dass ich doch recht stolz bin :)

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli:

• Was für ein Rennen. Im ersten Stint permanent in einer Gruppe gewesen und geguckt, wie ich an dem jeweiligen Vordermann vorbei kommen. Den zweiten Stint hab ich eine Runde eher angefangen, da ich Gabi holen wollte. Gleichzeitig hab ich damit auch Dani und Maik geholt. Nagut, ich dachte mir "die beiden kommen gleich ran und ziehen vorbei". Aber irgendwie war dem nicht so. Maik kam nicht näher, Dani blieb zwischen .6 und .9 hinter mir. Dani war aber klar schneller, so dass ich angefangen habe manche Kurven am Apex ein wenig langsamer zu fahren und dann besser raus zu beschleunigen. So konnte ich jeden Run unterbinden. Ab Mitte der 40er Laps waren meine Reifen aber schon am Ende. Also musste ich das Spielchen etwas stärker machen ... was aber dummerweise alle dahinter extrem schnell hat ran kommen lassen. :#

Am Ende ist es für mich gut ausgegangen. Aber selbst wenn nicht: Das war eines der geilsten RC Rennen überhaupt. Der Platz war mir am Ende nicht so wichtig, der Spaß hingegen schon. Und zudem alles verdammt sauber, so weit ich das sehen konnte. :)

@Ian: That was the proof that you are mortal. Or alternatively your wife has driven. :# ;)

WENN`S EINER KANN, DANN DER GLATZENMANN!

GoKart: €35; Sturmhaube: €2; Stev besiegen: Unbezahlbar!
    iR BSS Div.4 Runner-up 2016/S2 | VO Class D Champion 2015 | VO GoKart Champion 2010 | VO Winter Champion 2009/10 | iR SK Modified Div.7 Champion 2009/S2

• first of all big sorry to David for that bump. I was wayyyy to late at the brakes and hit you without green text. But I think the contact was there. at the end I gave you the spot back because I don’t want to pass you like this. :*

Rest vom Rennen war fehlerfrei und echt anstrengend. Erster stint gut den Leuten hinter mir weg gefahren doch nach den pitstop hing ich hinter nolli fest. Er hat das so gut gemacht das ich, obwohl ich schneller war, einfach nicht vorbei kam. War richtig geiles Duell. P9 am Ende bin ich mehr als zufrieden. Hätte nicht gedacht das es für ein TOP10 Ergebnis reicht wenn ich ehrlich bin. :top: :klatsch:

• und fragwürdiges Verhalten als Lapper, wenn leadcars im Duell ankommen. Aber warst wohl mehr mit dir beschäftigt um die Szene richtig deuten zu können.

Ich werd ganz sicher nicht parken um 5 Autos vorbei zu lassen. Nolli war nah genug dran, dann war ich mit der Schikane dran, danach durftest du vorbei.

• Ich werd ganz sicher nicht parken um 5 Autos vorbei zu lassen. Nolli war nah genug dran, dann war ich mit der Schikane dran, danach durftest du vorbei.

du hättest nolli und mich gaaanz easy vor der Busstop vorbei lassen können, aber so war es gefährlich für uns alle... ich hätte es verstanden, wenn du selber um einen Platzierungskampf bist, aber du warst komplett alleine. Somit war es völlig sinnfrei in meinen Augen. :pfeif: :schnecke: ;)

• I drive top 6 (and maybe even top 5 was possible)

Damaged and lap down car blows engine.

Damaged and lap down car wrecks and spins back on the track.

I hit the spinning car

Race over....

A well, this is my 4th A season and so far I started every season with a wreck of some sort in the first race, so why should this season be any different....

• Went into this race with 3 laps of practice before the session, and the rest was from the ARCA car a few weeks ago. So no clue what to expect but was suprisingly fast in only 15 minutes of in-session practice. Ofcourse I screwed up the busstop in qualifying, taking away a certain P2 starting spot. After that it was all about keeping the tires on it and passing people, lucky for me Carsten Theile made 1 mistake all race and it cost him P2 :aetsch:  MarKun99 was just too fast, I don't think any amount of practicing on my part could've gotten me close to him.

Loads of fun and a really good points haul for the team, hopefully I'll be able to be home in time for some more A car races 8-)

• @Ian: That was the proof that you are mortal. Or alternatively your wife has driven. :# ;)

She probably would have done a better job! I don't do much road at all, despite it being the reason that I signed up to iRacing in the first place. I have to practice a lot to find decent pace. Plus it was my 40th birthday party on Saturday night and I had a stonking hangover, so my one intention was to finish the race without incident.

• She probably would have done a better job! I don't do much road at all, despite it being the reason that I signed up to iRacing in the first place. I have to practice a lot to find decent pace. Plus it was my 40th birthday party on Saturday night and I had a stonking hangover, so my one intention was to finish the race without incident.

It's all a matter of practice I guess. I started sim racing on road back in 2005 and was pretty decent at it. Then I went to ovals and while I got better there, I gradually became a worse and worse road racer :# By now, I am doing more dirt than asphalt races and while I am getting better at dirt, I feel like my asphalt skills are regressing a bit.

• It's all a matter of practice I guess. I started sim racing on road back in 2005 and was pretty decent at it. Then I went to ovals and while I got better there, I gradually became a worse and worse road racer : #By now, I am doing more dirt than asphalt races and while I am getting better at dirt, I feel like my asphalt skills are regressing a bit.

Yes you are right. It really is a case of the more you do something the better you get. It is always my intention to do more road racing, but I just don't have time in amongst work and family life. Therefore I tend to stick to what I'm (reasonably) good at. I guess I'd rather be decent at one thing than average at lots.

• than average at lots.

did i hear my name?

i do a lot of road at the moment and my 0x P11 on glen was a product of that. normaly i kill my car in a race like that in the first 10%.

but on the other side: road is a very wide word on iracing. i just du radicals. i am very bad at gt3 or open wheelers... i somehow just can drive the radical :clown:. and i really hate stockcars on road...

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gabriel ()

• Gabriel I hat stock cars on road as well. If i'm going to drive road then I at least want to do it in something designed for the purpose. I really struggle with high downforce road cars, it just doesn't feel at all natural for me. GT3/E is about my limit.