2023-10-01 Class A Pro #9 Talladega Superspeedway

• da bin ich jetzt ein wenig entäuscht... glaube der win war definitiv machbar aus t4 raus. blöder bump, fast gedreht worden und dann big one... doof.

das spritsparen am anfang war übel langweilig daher haben wir einfach eine outside aufgemacht

Driver of the #16 FLYERALARM Ford for Rising Star Motorsports

VO/GNC SNOS Champ '08, '09, '11-1 & '11-2 / VO Class A Champ '19-1
    VO/GNC Winter Series Champ '08/'09

MTR Truck Series Champ 2021s4, 2022s1, 2022s2, 2022s3 & 2023s2

VR DOM RotY '06

eS iSt FüR aLlE gLeIcH!!!111

:nolli:

• Manner ... mag man eben! :D

Ewig lange nur Runden abgespult, dann eine 40 sec Penalty, dann nicht gecheckt dass ich den LD habe, wieder versucht einfach mitzugondeln, irgendwie einen guten Spot bekommen, die ganzen Tumulte überstanden und im Drag Race noch Roland geholt. Danke für das schöne Rennen Roland, so war ein schnöder SSW mal unterhaltsam. :D

BTW: Ein Drittel seiner Siege auf einem SSW zu haben zeugt doch von ... naja, irgendwas. :# Aber schön nach drei Jahren das endlich mal wieder geschafft zu haben. Ruhestand, ich komme. :)

PS: :nolli: :nolli: :nolli: :nolli: :nolli: :nolli: :nolli: :nolli: :nolli:

WENN`S EINER KANN, DANN DER GLATZENMANN!

GoKart: €35; Sturmhaube: €2; Stev besiegen: Unbezahlbar!
    iR BSS Div.4 Runner-up 2016/S2 | VO Class D Champion 2015 | VO GoKart Champion 2010 | VO Winter Champion 2009/10 | iR SK Modified Div.7 Champion 2009/S2

• da bin ich jetzt ein wenig entäuscht... glaube der win war definitiv machbar aus t4 raus. blöder bump, fast gedreht worden und dann big one... doof.

das spritsparen am anfang war übel langweilig daher haben wir einfach eine outside aufgemacht

Sorry I guess. After what happened with you in t4 I had a big run, wasn't exactly sure where you were going and also got a push from behind so I didn't hit you square enough on the rear. Disappointing end after a pretty good race were we drove away from most of the pack until that first caution came out....

• Sorry I guess. After what happened with you in t4 I had a big run, wasn't exactly sure where you were going and also got a push from behind so I didn't hit you square enough on the rear. Disappointing end after a pretty good race were we drove away from most of the pack until that first caution came out....

yeah. it was a hand full to save it and keep an eye on all the cars... i am happy that i didnt overcorrected it...

VR DOM RotY '06

• :nolli:

VR DOM RotY '06

• We played the team game pretty well. Sadly it did not stay green.
    After that some room for improvement, but also just too many restarts :).

After that, some bad pushes and it mostly turned south on the final restart.
    Sorry Carsten, but I felt like I made my way next to you. And the bump you gave Jeroen kinda turned sour, in part because I was next to you.
    Talladega things I guess..

Still some lessons learnt. For some reason the pushing is harder this season. As if there is something that does not make the cars line up as well as before.

Grats on the win Thomas.

• Krasses auf und ab im Rennen.

Immer um 12 rum auf der inside gewesen bis zum Stop, welcher n Ticken langsamer war, als jener der Leader.

Was aber danach passierte, ist mir unerklärlich. Die Smetanas führen die 2.Gruppe an - 4s Rückstand - und es wird einfach nicht gepusht und der Abstand wächst auf bis zu 15s an. Frage mich, was das sollte. Wir hatten überlegt uns an die Spitze zu setzen, aber die Aussicht auf rundenlange 2-wides ist dann auch sinnfrei.

Beim 3.Stint haben dann Matthias und ich die Pace übernommen, da bliebs größtenteils konstant, aber der Abstand war nicht mehr zu retten.

Die YFs hatten mich dann bis auf P6 vorgespült, bevor Salva dann Matthias anschob, der mich dann traf und die Karre im Eimer (zumindest halbwegs - Achsschaden). Hatte mich dann mit P17 abgefunden.

Am Ende hatte ich mega Glück im BigOne und konnte so P5 abstauben. Irgendwie dann doch verdient :D

• Yesterday, a calm race turned into absolute chaos at the end. But that's Talladega. My day started very well, when I was able to make it to the front row in the qualifying. Right after the start, I fell back a little in the order. But that was ok, I had a chance to manage fuel. Sadly for me, I lost the draft to the guys in front of me before my pit stop, so I lost some time. After pit stops, I was in the second group with my brother. We tried some things but the front group just did a better job. My only chance to hope for a caution, which also came towards the end of the race and I was back in the game. Unfortunately, I was involved in one accident, but luckily for me, I hit my brother's car instead of a wall, which saved me from damaging the engine. During the last laps, I fell out of the top ten, which may have saved me. On the approach to the finish I was lucky to avoid a huge crash in front of me and finished in fourth place.

I think this was the maximum I could drive with the damaged car. Congratulations to the winner of the race!

• What exactly? It seems you tried to not push your brother.

Looking back on the replay, I don't think I was trying not to push my brother. At least on the straights I pushed him for sure, which you can see on the replay. In my opinion, it didn't help our group much that the group ahead of us was outnumbered, more momentum. Anyway, if you weren't happy with that, you could form a group and overtake us.

• Looking back on the replay, I don't think I was trying not to push my brother. At least on the straights I pushed him for sure, which you can see on the replay. In my opinion, it didn't help our group much that the group ahead of us was outnumbered, more momentum. Anyway, if you weren't happy with that, you could form a group and overtake us.

We thought about to overtake and lead the group, but weren`t sure if it goes better or not. We avoid to be in a 2-row for several laps.

In the end it doesn't matter.

• Sorry Carsten, but I felt like I made my way next to you.

That move wasn't going to work how you must've envisioned it. Nevermind that it was going to stall the inside line, hurting Jeroen with little race to go.

There was contact right away, suggesting there wasn't enough room to begin with. By sheer luck, it didn't turn me around; it increased my momentum over Jeroen and equalised your speed and mine. For passing in a straight line however, an advantage in speed is essential.

When things looked unsafe to Dani, he tapped the brake and moved out of your draft, which cost you his push. That's not going to get you go forward either.

Please also keep in mind that these cars start moving to the side when sidedrafted. You had first-hand experience half a lap before, exiting the trioval.

How much did your car move, do you reckon? ;)

And the bump you gave Jeroen kinda turned sour, in part because I was next to you.

It would've been difficult for me to get to Jeroen's bumper without your help. Shame he didn't hold line in the last moment, pulling me left.

How much did my car move, do you reckon? ;)

---

edit

Before the question arises: there was no racing room higher up, unless I wanted to collide with Kelvin.